• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you looking forward to this summer?

I think it's fair to say Spring 2024 has been completely lackluster for gaming. But Summer looks very exciting, especially if you are a JRPG fan.

Personally, I will be starting out with SMT Vengeance. I plan to get the upcoming summer Chainsaw Lollipop remaster, Turbo Overkill(if they finally port it to PS5 since its one year anniversary is coming up in July) and Ravenswatch(releases on consoles in summer as well).

I might end up buying The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak this summer. I have reservations towards it as I am going to be playing Vengeance for quite a while and cycling between two JRPGs feels weird. Also, my friend played it and says there is no incentive to engage with the turn based combat and that you can just mash x in the overworld. But it's a game that has been on my radar for quite a while...

There's Black Myth Wukong which i'm kind of split on. It looks like a decent game but i'm not entirely sold on it. Nothing about it screams "Day 1" to me, it just seems like your average action game with very high production values. The combat looks nice but it bugs me how the main weapon(staff) which is extendable isn't treated like a staff and he just hits enemies with it at close range like a club. Kind of petty I know but still.

There's also Visions of Mana which initially I had a keen eye on but it made the mistake of releasing the same season SMT Vengeance and Trails Through Daybreak came out. It just doesn't look ambitious enough to compete with the other bombshell JRPG hits coming out this year. In between Vengeance, Trails and Metaphor Refantazio that comes out in October. I might get it somewhere down the line but probably not this year.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
SMT V and Elden Ring's DLC for me, bet those will keep me busy for a while.

Edit: oh, and EDF 6! Forgot that one's getting a western release this summer (finally!)

Last edited:

Ic3man

JTTCPsB.jpeg

xrnzaaas

Hoping to replay the entire Stalker trilogy in time for Stalker 2 in September. I'm close to the end of Shadow of Chornobyl so it's progressing slower than I hoped.

spons

Gold Member
Hopefully Rebirth on PC whenever they feel like releasing it, but also Shadow of the Erdtree.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Looking at the release schedule, I'll most likely be catching up on backlog. I'm curious about a few games (Stalker 2, Astro Bot, Star Wars Outlaws and Space Marine II), but I'm not planning to buy them at launch

Last edited:

foamdino

I think it's fair to say Spring 2024 has been completely lackluster for gaming. But Summer looks very exciting, especially if you are a JRPG fan.

What??

Spring:
  • Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
  • Gran Blue Fantasy: Relink
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Helldivers 2
  • No rest for the Wicked (early access)
  • Hades 2 (early access)
Spring has been anything but lacklustre!

KungFucius

King Snowflake
What is coming out in summer (pre labor day)?
I just scanned IGN and nothing really stood out until Stalker 2. This summer looks lackluster compared to last summer.

What??

Spring:
  • Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
  • Gran Blue Fantasy: Relink
  • Unicorn Overlord
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Helldivers 2
  • No rest for the Wicked (early access)
  • Hades 2 (early access)
Spring has been anything but lacklustre!
Spring is Late March to Late June.

Like half of those games(Rebirth, Relink, etc) came out in Winter 2024. April and May have been pretty dry for both AAA and indies imo.

Last edited:
What is coming out in summer (pre labor day)?
I just scanned IGN and nothing really stood out until Stalker 2. This summer looks lackluster compared to last summer.
You probably aren't a JRPG fan then. Although there are some other cool games to look forward to like Black Myth Wukong.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
For sure playing:
  • 06/18 - Still Wakes the Deep (GP)
  • 07/18 - Dungeons of Hinterberg (GP)
  • 07/18 - Flintlock (GP)
  • 07/19 - Kunitsu-Gami (GP)
  • 08/08 - Steamworld Heist 2 (GP)
  • 09/04 - Age of Mythology (GP)
  • 09/05 - Stalker 2 (GP)
  • 09/13 - Demon School
  • 10/25 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (GP)
  • 11/08 - Slitterhead
  • TBA - Avowed (GP)
  • TBA - Indiana Jones (GP)
  • TBA - Replaced (GP)
  • TBA - Towerborne (GP)
  • TBA - 33 Immortals (GP)
  • TBA - The Alters (GP)
Interested, but not yet sold on it. Will read reviews and impressions first:
  • 07/11 - Anger Foot
  • 07/23 - Conscript
  • 08/06 - CYGNI
Will get on sale:
  • 08/20 - Black Myth Wukong
  • 08/29 - Visions of Mana
  • 09/06 - Astro Bot
  • 09/09 - Space Marine 2
  • 10/11 - Metaphor

Last edited:

Fbh

Between the Elden Ring DLC, SMTV and the games from earlier this year I still haven't played (mainly Rebirth, Stellar Blade and Eyuiden Chronicle) I have enough stuff to play for the next 8-10 months.

EDIT:
That said, if Silksong actually comes out some day that's day 1 no matter what.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Nothing at the moment. We’ll see what good deals come up on my wishlisted games.

Wouldn’t mind picking up a shmup, Witchfire, or Ratchet and Clank.

R6Rider

Gold Member
For Sure: Shadow of the Erdtree, Astro Bot, Stalker 2, Space Marine 2, Age of Mythology: Retold
Maybe: TDU: Solar Crown, Black Myth Waking, Star Wars: Outlaws, Flintlock,

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I don’t think I’m looking forward to anything this summer, other than Elden Ring DLC. After that, it’s a ton of game pass games and AstroBot.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I dont know your summer is......twould help with months or something.
So ill do what I want!

Flintlock
35e5cd0a-f6f2-4556-a57c-23145f9bc620.jpg

Space Marine 2
space-marine-2-enemies-hormagaunts.jpg

Star Wars Outlaws
5071b9df-4658-4649-b2d0-d0ce8c531f83.jpg

Stalker 2
7dd3f522-dbdf-4e31-917c-a5d344431b72.jpg

Sonic x Shadows Generations
apps.57308.14271272914028163.548adb68-3c5c-48d8-9539-ca3f0cf46126.ef6a7ae5-6f88-4c80-9c85-3f5fae6011e6

Trails through Daybreak
3WKIiNu5JOA5yaLXfalXNusA.jpg

Top Bottom