• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games have had the most interesting overhauls, changes and patch's?

SinDelta

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn goes without saying, from disaster to one of if not the current standard for MMOs and Final Fantasy.

No Man's Sky. The amount of updates is unreal and I can only wonder what the game will look like in the future.

Grim Dawn also received massive changes from early access up to the beginning of this year and is very different in many ways from its early access state.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Yep, FF 14. The original was unplayable. I mean Lord in Heaven it was bad. The rework meanwhile might just be the best MMO live right now.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Underworld Ascendant got a LOT of post launch reworking. It was still a pretty flawed game but it changed a lot, made the levels interconnected overhauled the quest system, tons of stuff.

The most recent Toejam and Earl has had tons and tons of substantive updates and new features, especially for a game that is not really a live service game at all.

april6e

Monster Hunter World was rough on launch, lacked features and had no end game. I was completely unimpressed with the game contrary to many people who were defending how disappointing the launch game was.

Monster Hunter World + Iceborne is one of the greatest games of last generation. The game did a complete 180 over the years as it added an insane amount of fantastic content to the game. Iceborne was the keystone, adding almost an entire game's worth more to it including end game additions that easily make it a experience you could get 300h+ out of.

Last edited:

Tschumi

No man's sky... Cyberpunk in progress... Gt sport..

i was shocked to note that gt sport had a campaign mode, i bought it expecting only an ersatz game tacked onto the online functionality

Last edited:
Top Bottom