• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Review Thread

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Anyone expect this game to be grindy? And I don't mean lengthy when I say grindy. I think RPG fans should know what grindy means at this point, but you never know.

Astral Dog

Scored a little higher than what I expected, though some reviewers criticizing the ending and pacing isn't too surprising.
Save for FFXIV expansions it should end up as the highest scoring Final Fantasy since FFXII and with so many reviews already out it seems unlikely that the Metacritic score will drop any further.
Im sure the ending will be fine,they will try to go crazy,change some things,fanboys will complain but it will be whatever

Keep in mind its not the real ending of the story, just part ll, the first game ending was already off since they fit the Sephiroth battle and a weird giant monster fight

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
dirty mind pleasure GIF by Refinery 29 GIFs
107ae858f19b449605a19dd1cb4f9dc2a8eb7717.gifv

Madonis

I won't be playing this until the PC release, but it's nice to see the reviews are so positive.

I'll be exactly zero percent surprised if Aerith either survives or they go for some sort of weird fake out and cliffhanger ending.

Side note: I wonder how many alternate outfits could be used for that beach sequence. I'm assuming at least a couple of options will be available.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I think without any tweaks to the exclusivity deal then it 'should' release on PC by the end of the year. Maybe the FF16 PC port June-August and Rebirth Sept-Dec. Or something like that.
End of the year is a reasonable time, yes. Won't affect those who really want it now and will get the PC crew back on board in the not too distant future! That's become Sony's best way of handling games exclusive to the PlayStation ecosystem.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Vo1vhuc.jpg

Thankfully 😂

Tits are gross. Why do they even exist.
I am telling you. They are bunch of loosers who got bullied as a kids and through the power of internet, they bunched together or changed genders or did whatever they could to fit in.
And this is the result.
edit: And that would be fine but the problem is that they are so petty and such a spiteful, hateful people that they don't even accept that other people can look attractive. They are the ultimate form of facism telling people what to think and how to dress. It's not ok

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
How’s the performance changed from the initial demo? They get it to look less blurry in performance mode?

I’m glad the content within isn’t a smoke screen and that it is what players were hoping for.

Thinking day one is back on the menu for me.

Go_Ly_Dow

How’s the performance changed from the initial demo? They get it to look less blurry in performance mode?

I’m glad the content within isn’t a smoke screen and that it is what players were hoping for.

Thinking day one is back on the menu for me.
Performance mode still blurry on the IQ front, 1100p-1440p, but mostly on the lower end. But holds a very stable 60fps though.

Quality much better, native 4K 2160p most of the time and very solid 30fps, drops 1fps if that. Many have commented post patch the quality mode feels better and by lowering one or two of the camera speed settings to 2 this also helps.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Performance mode still blurry on the IQ front, 1100p-1440p, but mostly on the lower end. But holds a very stable 60fps though.

Quality much better, native 4K 2160p most of the time and very solid 30fps, drops 1fps if that. Many have commented post patch the quality mode feels better and by lowering one or two of the camera speed settings to 2 this also helps.
Yeah I enjoyed the quality mode in the demo too.

Will stick with that.

Reactions: Isa

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Anything about the difficulty of the game?

Sounds like it'll be tougher than the first

"Rebirth is noticeably harder than Remake because it makes specific demands of players. The previous game's pressure and stagger system returns, but it's much harder to push enemies onto the back foot since the game is strict about exploiting weaknesses to reach the pressured and staggered states. Enemies also pack a much harder punch this time, so it's imperative to figure out their weaknesses using the Assess ability and then hammer away at it as quickly as possible. The only way to do that is to execute synergy skills to quickly build ATB bars, then fire off elemental spells, buff other abilities, or put teammates in a position to do the same. As an added wrinkle, the use of certain normal abilities that are marked with an icon also builds towards the use of a drastically more powerful synergy ability. When two characters hit the required amount of synergy, they can combine for a flashy cinematic move that looks cool, but also deals significant damage and applies buffs."

TheShocker

Can’t wait. Still holding onto hope that they fix the IQ problems on performance mode.

Will likely play in quality mode just like I have been on 16.

Nonehxc

I just read a bit of Eurogamer's review.

May be that someone cuts their balls if they enjoy a game? I mean, every good thing the poor retard that reviewed it says, it's inmediately followed by a long explanation why it's also bad. It's like they're allergic to fun.

Well, at least we don't have the Dark Ork screeching 'Phallocracy!!' because Tifa has amazing Tiffies in bikini.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

May be that someone cuts their balls if they enjoy a game? I mean, every good thing the poor retard that reviewed it says, it's inmediately followed by a long explanation why it's also bad. It's like they're allergic to fun.

Well, at least we don't have the Dark Ork screeching 'Phallocracy!!' because Tifa has amazing Tiffies in bikini.
Eurogamer and Kotaku are two desperate outlets on deaths door.

The less clicks they get the sooner they fall.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So what do they expect from Tifa, the #1 most sexualized FF character and who a lot of gamers had a crush on because of her sexiness?

Do they want her to wear pants and a shirt in the beach?

StereoVsn

Both of these outfits are unreadable anymore. Like I will watch DF, but Eurogamer itself is basically trash.

Let’s not even mention Kotaku.

Top Bottom