• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What genres are missing for 360?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It seems to have racing, fps, rpg and GTA style games but what about a good platform game.

Surely it needs one.

What other genres are missing?

BuddyC

Does Kameo count?

What about crazy quirky japanese games, rhythm games, and the backbone of all great libraries, puzzle games?

Well, other than DOA, I don't think there's any fighting.

Funny enough, I don't think that many FPS' has been announced yet. Although Halo 3 is, of course, guaranteed.

No rhythm or puzzle games?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Hard to believe that only a single fighter has been announced.

I suppose DOA was good enough for the original launch Xbox1 lineup.

Jesiatha

BuddyC said:
and the backbone of all great libraries, puzzle games?

If only there were some sort of online "Arcade" that would allow users to download these puzzle games which you speak of.

cyberheater

So is Kameo more of a platformer then a adventure/fighting game?

border

Things I would like:

Rail shooter, 2D shooter, multiplayer beat-em-up, beat-em-up that is not 10,000 stupid enemies cut-n-pasted, sidescrolling action title, rhythm game....

dorio

Banned
Boat racers. Someone please make a hydrothunder.

Seriously, though non-traditional racers would be cool. Like a fzero, Road Rash, jetskis, ATV etc.

border

A game where you get to race furries!

212669.jpg

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
sangreal said:
Of those its only missing 2d Fighters and Shmups

Wait, what ARPGs and SRPGs have they announced for it? And yeah, that's true about 3D fighters - they have DOA4 and KOF:MI2, but still there's a shortage of them. I was kind of hoping to hear a VF5 announcement though...

sangreal

djtiesto said:
Wait, what ARPGs and SRPGs have they announced for it? And yeah, that's true about 3D fighters - they have DOA4 and KOF:MI2, but still there's a shortage of them. I was kind of hoping to hear a VF5 announcement though...

Kameo is an ARPG (atleast I think it is?) and Operation Darkness is a SRPG

Rorschach

sonycowboy said:
Funny enough, I don't think that many FPS' has been announced yet. Although Halo 3 is, of course, guaranteed.
Uhm...There's CoD2, Ghost Recon, Battlefield, Gears of War, Perfect Dark Zero...

It's missing 2D games! I want to see next gen 2D. :'(

thorns

Banned
Xbox live arcade will have some shoot them ups.. Otherwise I don't expect many next-gen systems to get many shmups, if any at all..

The only "main" genre it's definately lacking in is platformer/action platformer, can't think of anything besides kameo.. But I think we'll see Banjo and Conker sequel in the future.

Fighters? It has DOA and KOF, there aren't many fighter franchises to begin with.. It will definately get SC, Killer Instict, Mortal Kombat in the future, VF5 if sega makes a home console port and (maybe) Tekken.

Luckett_X

Banned
Currently lacking:

-A real life sim game centered around a japanese schoolboy's revenge against his father's murderer, set in China.

-A largescale rpg centered around the alien desolate world ruined by strange monsters created by an ancient time, and the journey of a dragon and it's chosen rider.

- Otogi 3.

It's missing a 3D action game. Those "pure to heart" action games like Otogi, Ninja Gaiden, and DMC.

...or so I think. I'm not fully keen on all "to be" 360 releases.

moowear

I'm probably in the minority here but seeing how there are xbox banners plastered all over the sidelines during the AVP tournaments (Beach Volleyball), I waiting for any indication of a decent playing indoor or beach volleyball game a la US championship V'ball (arcade) :p!

edit: oops, just reread the thread title...genre...this would fall under sports but I'd still like to see a vball game. :)

Top Bottom