• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

I looked a little deeper and in the source there is more info about the game. The producer of the game Martin Klíma talked about it in a conference at Brno, a Czech city.Google translated of course:

The part about the game being only 25% bigger because of the Series S could have been a mistranslation. Maybe he wanted to say 25% more detailed or something like that? The fact that the Series S was a limitation seems to be a reality, but I don't think that the producer would insult Microsoft that much in a public occasion like this. We will probably get more info on it soon, as the conference have not ended yet. Hopefully someone on Neogaf who understand Czech could help us? I put my post here because the original one was closed too soon.
They probably mean in terms of memory footprint because they already confirmed the playable area is about twice the size of the first game. It's split up in two separate world spaces though. One slightly larger than KCD1 and one slightly smaller.

T4keD0wN

I looked a little deeper and in the source there is more info about the game. The producer of the game Martin Klíma talked about it in a conference at Brno, a Czech city.Google translated of course:

The part about the game being only 25% bigger because of the Series S could have been a mistranslation. Maybe he wanted to say 25% more detailed or something like that? The fact that the Series S was a limitation seems to be a reality, but I don't think that the producer would insult Microsoft that much in a public occasion like this. We will probably get more info on it soon, as the conference have not ended yet. Hopefully someone on Neogaf who understand Czech could help us? I put my post here because the original one was closed too soon.
They probably mean in terms of memory footprint because they already confirmed the playable area is about twice the size of the first game. It's split up in two separate world spaces though. One slightly larger than KCD1 and one slightly smaller.
The article linked says theyve set their goal to make the game 25% bigger (as in size) than the first one because series s has 25% more memory than old gen consoles. At least according to the writer of the article, couldnt find any video of the presentation itself, but he mentions it was said by multiple developers so its very unlikely he misinterpreted it, but then again he also says the game is supposed to be "much bigger" that the first one (not specified in what ways, but he goes on to talk about the amount of voice/text and the bugs right after) earlier in the article, safe to say the "much bigger" relates to the amount of detail/content while the 25% is about the available map space.

I am not surprised there is confusion since bigger can only relate to size of something, while he has freely exchanged the phrase "more detailed" with "much bigger" just few sentences earlier, the article is not well written.

While theres 2 maps, the 25% relates to the combined player accessible (playable) space:
GO-pKkHXcAAz4Mc

Last edited:
The article linked says theyve set their goal to make the game 25% bigger (as in size) than the first one because series s has 25% more memory than old gen consoles. At least according to the writer of the article, couldnt find any video of the presentation itself, but he mentions it was said by multiple developers so its very unlikely he misinterpreted it, but then again he also says the game is supposed to be "much bigger" that the first one (not specified in what ways, but he goes on to talk about the amount of voice/text and the bugs right after) earlier in the article, safe to say the "much bigger" relates to the amount of detail/content while the 25% is about the available map space.

I am not surprised there is confusion since bigger can only relate to size of something, while he has freely exchanged the phrase "more detailed" with "much bigger" just few sentences earlier, the article is not well written.

While theres 2 maps, the 25% relates to the combined player accessible (playable) space:
GO-pKkHXcAAz4Mc
Yeah it looks like both maps together are twice the size of the first game but large parts of both maps are inaccessible hence the 125% number.

To be honest I don't really mind that much. Never had a feeling in KCD1 that it felt too small.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
For the first game.....did they ever fix the ridiculously non intuitive lockpick mechanic? I remember that was where i stopped playing because they made you have to do it as part of the story and didn't give you unlimited lockpicks to try, or even have a source of them close by if you ran out.

Denton

For the first game.....did they ever fix the ridiculously non intuitive lockpick mechanic? I remember that was where i stopped playing because they made you have to do it as part of the story and didn't give you unlimited lockpicks to try, or even have a source of them close by if you ran out.
They added simplified lockpicking, can be enabled in menu. But lockpicking simply requires practice and improving the skill. You can get plenty of lockpicks in the game.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Ok, i grabbed the original (royal edition that includes all the DLC) for PS4 for less than $10. Its on sale until tomorrow! Gonna dig in on PS5 tonight

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Enjoy ! do not hesitate to share your impressions

I didn't get too much time with it last night, but what i've played so far i love. You can tell that they put alot of care into the setting, lore and areas. LOVE what i've heard of the soundtrack so far too.....very fitting for the setting. Graphically it looks really nice on PS5, i have FOV set to 70 i believe (one below max) and i dropped gamma a couple since it looked a bit bright on default. Playing on a Bravia 65in OLED.

Looking forward to more time with this later today!

Last edited:
Top Bottom