• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Nintendo's Debut 3D Platformer for Nintendo Switch's Successor is Donkey Kong?

HighPoly

Banned
Well, according to rumor!! ABOUT SWITCH 2 first game!
What do you think about NINTENDO, releasing ANOTHER kind of 3D plataform game, as the first starting generation 3D plataform game console??

I mean, all NINTENDO'S generation started with a big 3D MARIO announcement!! But what if DONKEY KONG got this unique moment??

let's talk !

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Don't think 80s DK was flesh out enough to carry a platform game like Mario Bros. Till the Country games DK was just a monkey kidnapping Mario's girlfriends.

Last edited:
Well, according to rumor!!
What do you think about NINTENDO, releasing ANOTHER kind of 3D plataform game, as the first starting generation 3D plataform game console??

I mean, all NINTENDO'S generation started with a big 3D MARIO announcement!! But what if DONKEY KONG got this unique moment??

let's talk !
I think it would be a breath of fresh air. As much as I love Mario I believe that a new 3d DK would shatter the interwebz.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Plataform! Is this the real Mario?!

But I’m guessing you mean for the next console? I think it would be really cool actually to launch with Dk 3D platformer

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I doubt Nintendo would allow a console launch to be carried by a game that was not developed in-house, even if it was to be developed by Retro.

HighPoly

Banned
Plataform! Is this the real Mario?!

But I’m guessing you mean for the next console? I think it would be really cool actually to launch with Dk 3D platformer
yes, I already edit my post!
I really want to see a 3D Donkey KONG as a starting game for SWITCH 2

Dzab

Title made it seem like something was announced.

Also isn't the rumour just a DK vs Mario thing?

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I doubt Nintendo would allow a console launch to be carried by a game that was not developed in-house, even if it was to be developed by Retro.
We have no idea who is developing this hyphotetical 3D Donkey Kong game, the last "rumor" was the Mario Odyssey team, Retro Studios should be busy with Metroid Prime

Soodanim

Gold Member
We have no idea who is developing this hyphotetical 3D Donkey Kong game, the last "rumor" was the Mario Odyssey team, Retro Studios should be busy with Metroid Prime
That is the unsaid part of my point: this rumour relies on Nintendo for absolutely no reason going way off book to take over an IP they haven't touched in a long time, when the very point of a Switch 2 is following a path that has been proven to work. The more you look at it, the less sense it makes.

Last edited:

Griffon

iu

Robb

Gold Member
If it’s true and is a substitute for a new 3D Mario I just hope it can live up to that pedigree. The last 3D DK game wasn’t all that great, but it’d be fun to see them give it another go.

I’d also be okay with a 3rd installment of the Retro DKC games. Those have all been amazing.

MagnesD3

Its looking like its Mario vs DK lol I was actually getting excited for something nintendo and then reality comes tapping me on my shoulder. Since when does Nintendo actually make something cool lol, thats right they dont.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Nah I’m good. I’ll just take another DKC, please.

LakeOf9

I'm kind of new to Nintendo, but does anyone care that much about Donkey Kong? I thought it was a bit like Kirby or Yoshi, small fanbase, consistent enough sales to get new games regularly. Like a B tier franchise. Would they really want to launch a new system on the basis of something like that?

Top Bottom