• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is a good AV cabinet for my TV (Sony A95K) with home cinema in mind?

Stafford

Ok, so pay no mind to the mess in the room, just the AV cabinet I have here.

4WL16Av.jpg

It's fine if I don't want a home cinema setup or soundbar, but I do! There is no space to put a decent center speaker anywhere and I sure as hell won't mount the Sony (30kg)on the thin ass wall.

And a soundbar would block the screen. Unless I lift the TV up somehow, could work for a soundbar, but for a center speaker it would not be ideal. I'd have to lift the TV up way too much, it will just look shitty. But I will need a cabinet that can hold 40,2KG (TV with foot/stand) and that has room for a center speaker under it.

Any ideas for me? I wish this amazing TV had a normal stand/foot with some height to it, but alas.

What size is your TV and what is your budget for a tv stand? You can spend crazy money on a cabinet. Because of the size of my tv I nearly spent silly money on a custom made oak cabinet, but fortunately my old Zespoke stand just about accommodated the new tv.

I had a dilemma when I bought the LG OLED77G26LA as it is designed to be wall mounted ideally. I decided on a decent Sanus tv stand which gave me enough clearance to accommodate any size soundbar/centre speaker.

Also don't be put off of wall mounting your TV regarding the 30 kilogram weight. I had a Pioneer KRP600M plasma which weighed about 50kg that I wall mounted. Just make sure you're going into a brick wall and the bracket and fixings are suitable and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Had a Sony 900e. Watch out for that Android OS download. The Oreo 8 update killed my HDMI audio and various apps like NF came to a crawl. Had to buy an optical cable. An OS update a year later didn't fix it and neither did a factory reset. It was a well known bug.

Unless you need the TV itself hooked up to the net for running apps from the dashboard, watch out for auto-OS updates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom