• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the Best Fast Food?

SinDelta

Chick-Fil A for me. Their chicken sandwiches are top tier.
iu

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Gold Member
mcdonalds

Its never sounded bad to me, especially the fries. Obviously other stuff like Portilos or Steak n Shake have better burgers though.

haxan7

Banned
1. Chipotle
2. Cava
3. Sarku
4. Potbelly

I don’t rank Chick-fil-a because they put MSG in their chicken, but if it weren’t for that they would have the number 2 spot.

Last edited:
McDonald's chips dipped in strawberry thick shake as far as generic fat food goes.

For "gourmet" burgers there's a local place called hub box that does a burger with pulled brisket as a topping and chips with fried chicken, Korean bbq sauce, and cheese sauce. Fucking amazing.

Ballthyrm

I'm partial to a simple ham & cheese sandwich.
- good freshly baked french baguette bread
- swiss emmental cheese
- Spanish jamon (cured bone in ham OR Iberico ham)

Last edited:

Reallink

Certainly none of the mainstream ones. McDonalds, Wendys, BK, Taco Bell, KFC, Popeyes, Arbys, etc.. are all trash to mediocre, they exist on convenience, not quality. Chickfila, Five Guys, and Chipotle are the most consistently good national brands.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Probably Shake Shack. Best quality burger hands down. It's the only fast food place I've been too where the burger looks the same as what's advertised in the pictures.

Chic Fil A is good and all, but anyone that would rank that as their number 1 hasn't had Popeye's chicken sandwich. And this is coming from someone that has been eating Chic Fil A for a very long time.

Outlier

My current favorite is Whataburger.
Sweet n Spicy Bacon Burger
Mushroom Swiss Burger (literally just finished eating this a few minutes ago)

Super delicious (if properly made).

Chick-fil-a has the best spicy chicken I've ever had, but it's too much money for such a small portion.

GeekyDad

I know they have servers, but I'd still say Steak 'N Shake falls into the category of fast food (hell, they have a drive-thru), right? And if so, then it's probably tops for me. Fresh, greasy burgers, decent fries, good service, damn good prices these days.

Last edited:

SinDelta

Probably Shake Shack. Best quality burger hands down. It's the only fast food place I've been too where the burger looks the same as what's advertised in the pictures.

Chic Fil A is good and all, but anyone that would rank that as their number 1 hasn't had Popeye's chicken sandwich. And this is coming from someone that has been eating Chic Fil A for a very long time.
I've had Popeyes Chicken Sandwich. The one I had was meh and lacked flavor. Chick Fila A's sandwich is still number 1 for me.

I also love, love Shake Shack. Best fast food burger and shake place. Their burgers and concrete ice cream are amazing and really the only fast food that is near on par with a Chick Fill A's sandwich.

Last edited:
Popeyes, cookout, chick fil A, five guys.

In N Out is only the best from a value perspective because the prices there are amazing.

Last edited:

MachRc

for me at lunch

the fastfood place that has a special deal running on their app.

Mostley Mickey Deez has best deals on their app. I get 2 mcdoubles (3 bucks without app) and free large fries with any purchase(app special) gets me lunch for 3.40 cents..

Jack in the box does some buy one get one free or dollar chicken sandwich ones. Or free 2 tacos if youre team steal a base or wins...
I usually wont go to fast food if there are no deals.

For the family
In and out is one of the best values as you can feed a family of 3 or 4 for usually around 20 dollars..
DD animals style with regular onions
another DD Animal no tomateo extra pickle
2 cheese burgers both animal style, 2 fry well and one lemon up is about 24 bucks or so..

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I've never ordered from Chick-Fil-A but they seem like top tier

-In N Out / Fatburger protein style or lettuce wrap
-Taco stand or truck burritos
-Chicken Maison
-Burger King has an item called the Tender Crisp Chicken Sandwich that is probably comparable to Chick-Fil-A, best item on the menu

Last edited:
Y'all nutso and y'all eating shyte marketed as 'food'.

Which makes me wonder, is 'fast food' supposed to be prepared/handed_to_you swiftly? Or is it supposed to be consumed swiftly? :pie_thinking:

Anyway here's the true goat:

Surinaamse-roti-3-1170x780.jpg

Surinam 'roti chicken special'.
(Traditionally eaten with yo hands, no cutlery.)

Enjay

Banned
Shocked at all the chick fil a hype. I went to a chick fil a recently after hearing about it being the best for years and it was the worst experience ever. Got stuck in a complete clusterfuck of about 100 other cars in their drive thru while their employees walked through everything attempting to take orders and looking like ushers in the most futile attempt ive ever seen at being efficient. 2 hours for what ended up being maybe a smidge better than the frozen chicken I could've got at the local supermarket.

down 2 orth

I used to think that you can't go wrong with a whopper but the last time I had one with fries I was massively thirsty from all the MSG that was put in it. Need to find a new favorite.

orborborb

the only items i still order

mcdonalds cheeseburgers, quarter pounders, fries, nuggets, sausage egg biscuit
in n out double doubles with grilled onions and fries
kfc original recipe chicken thighs and biscuits
popeyes red beans and rice
sonic cherry creamslush
weinerschnitzel polish sandwich (with sauerkraut and pickle but no mustard) and tastee freeze dipped cones
taco bell mtn dew baja blast
arbys reuben
jack in the box chicken nuggets

also used to like chick fil a cole slaw and kfc potato wedges before they got rid of them

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Real talk.

No fast food is good.

It's bad for your health and has a terrible impact on the environment.

Stop being lazy and cook your own meals.

V4skunk

Banned
If you mean shit from McDonalds etc! Nope don't eat it. Its all super bad you and made from mechanically separated meat.
I make my own burgers and shit though with real meat.

Dark Star

Shake Shack is the best fast casual burger

In-N-Out would be the best fast food burger

Five Guys and Whataburger are close behind.

Sometimes I crave a quarter Pounder and fries from McDonald’s. Sometimes I’m in the mood for a spicy chicken sandwich and waffle fries from ChikFilA.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
In-N-Out and Five Guys are super overrated.

Shake Shack is alright.

Qdoba is kind of my jam.

lemonlime1JPG.jpg

Kebab and chips.

Where the fuck is the garlic sauce (that drizzle in the middle does not come close to counting) and along with that where the fuck is the hot sauce?

What a piss poor kebab, poorly put together with not enough love or ingredients. The bread doesn't even look toasted.

PS - where the fuck is the onion?

PSS - Fuck this kebab!

Food trucks are the truly best fast food. Fuck franchise places.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You Yanks have way too many good fast food joints.

Always wanted to try Sonic, In and Out and Jack in the Box.

I've tried White Castle once. It was pure shit. Although on the plus side it was cheap as hell. The patties are paper thin. And even then not even nicely cooked. It was mushy soft like it's undercooked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom