• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Made Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition A BIG DEAL?

Banned
was it a big deal? it certainly wasn't from my experience.

everyone in my class played Need for Speed Underground 2, but I don't know anyone, even today, who ever played this...
maybe this is a regional thing, but Midnight Club always had a "Need for Speed knock-off noone wants" kinda vibe to it back where I grew up

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This is the MC game that most people skipped because of next gen hype.

LordCBH

The last great midnight club for me. LA just didn’t do it for me and I can’t even place why. I still like it, but it didn’t scratch that itch that 3 did.

KRYPT83

was it a big deal? it certainly wasn't from my experience.

everyone in my class played Need for Speed Underground 2, but I don't know anyone, even today, who ever played this...
maybe this is a regional thing, but Midnight Club always had a "Need for Speed knock-off noone wants" kinda vibe to it back where I grew up
It certainly was it was one of the 1st games you and your friends could join a online sandbox race and chill and did it superbly

Blond

Banned
Hell even I don’t know but considering it’s one of the most popular games downloaded on websites of unspecified origin, along with Def Jam Fight for NY, I’m left wondering where this newfound appreciation is coming from for these. My buddies game store sells occasional copies for 200 dollars complete and there’s literally no negotiation when there is one

TheRobot

Hell even I don’t know but considering it’s one of the most popular games downloaded on websites of unspecified origin, along with Def Jam Fight for NY, I’m left wondering where this newfound appreciation is coming from for these. My buddies game store sells occasional copies for 200 dollars complete and there’s literally no negotiation when there is one
Car Power-ups like defence and attack made the gameplay much more fun than other racing games and the car list is phenomenal, also the Tokyo version gave the game a new life with extra content.

Last edited:

Pejo

This is one of my favorite racers of all time. Loved the game. Just pure fun like Burnout 3.

lem0n

It was a REAL BIG deal. Get it?

MC3 fucking ruled man. It had way more character than NFSU2. Mobbing around Detroit in a Escalade on 28s that's as fast as a Lambo is pure bliss

Top Bottom