• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What operating system do you use?

What operating system do you use?

• Linux

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 111 82.2%
  • macOS

Votes: 33 24.4%
  • BSD

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Haiku

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amiga

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • OS/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Unix-like

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

bender

What time is it?
My Windows-based mobile workstation is kicking the bucket. I just ordered an open-box M3 Max MBP to kick the tires. I haven't used Mac OS since OSX was introduced way back when.

8bitpill

tumblr_mypbensmi71t2as4so1_500.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Windows is my main. My home laptop and work laptop both use Windows.

I also have a Pi 5 and for that it's the trusty Raspberry Pi OS, which is Linux based.

I haven't cut on my Windows laptop in 3 years due to constant tension headaches and sound intolerance and weakness from unbelievable anxiety o_o

Soodanim

Gold Member
Currently Win10, but when I upgrade and have a Win11 system I'm almost certainly going to run a dual boot with a Linux distro. I've had a look around Mint and it's a nice slick OS. It might be a nice break from any bloat Win11 has (even after disabling all manner of things).

David B

An Idiot
I'm using Windows right now but I really like Mac OS more and there's a big reason why. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just said a few racist things and does racist things with Microsoft. He said that 50% of Microsoft employees are white and we don't want to hire any more white men. He also stated that he wants to pay more to black, hispanic, asian, people. That is so racist! Because of this I will never ever buy microsoft products ever again. NEVER! Here's a youtube video for proof.

Last edited:

Quasicat

I use Windows at work, Linux at home for gaming, and MacOS for my Media server and video editing. I hate using Windows and have a laptop cover for my iPad, which I bring to work as I hate using my Surface. I get some pretty dumb looks from people, but with me having Office 365 and OneDrive on it, I have full access to my account no matter what device I use.

Kar

Desktop:
Windows 11 for gaming.
Mac for work (dev) environment.

Server:
Linux (Both Debian and RHEL).
Windows Server (I hate it).

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Mostly Windows but I also use Linux on my Steam Deck and in some virtual machines for work.

Edit: oh yea, some devices I use for work like load balancers or DLP are also on some very custom hacked together form of Linux

Last edited:

Forsete

Gold Member
Windows, macOS and Linux.

Linux is rare these days, but I love using it.

Main OS is macOS.
I learned computers on Windows though, that's the one I know best.

Top Bottom