• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Worlds do you want to see in Kingdom Hearts III?

Doubtful we'll see any Lucasfilm or Marvel stuff in there, though a new locale from Episode VIII could be neat.

Would also like Tomorrowland, though I'm not sure if it's been done in the series yet as I haven't played through any of them.

You guys are insane if you don't think Star Wars is already in. It's Nomura for fuck's sake.

I thought this was mainly a Disney thing. I realize Disney has Star Wars, but Lucasfilm primarily actually handles that. Sure, if Square could also get the license for it, I guess.

If they do it, having SW8 locations could be a big draw.

Big Hero 6
Emperor's New Groove
Gravity Falls
Moana
Zootopia

They really should do a Tv show spinoff. They could have 3 generations of cartoon worlds. From Gravity Falls, to Phineas and Ferb, Star Wars Rebels, Avengers, Kim Possible, and all the way back to Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles etc.

Sou Da

I thought this was mainly a Disney thing. I realize Disney has Star Wars, but Lucasfilm primarily actually handles that. Sure, if Square could also get the license for it, I guess.

It almost already happened, they used TCW's art style.

You guys are insane if you don't think Star Wars is already in. It's Nomura for fuck's sake.

Yeah, that's true.

This is the guy who apparently casted Xehanort and Eraqus the way he did just to make a Star Wars VS. Star Trek joke. Plus you know, the entirety of Terra's Story basically being Revenge of the Sith but with posession.

Prompto

Banned

Also doesn't EA have like an exclusive development deal with Star Wars?

Platy

Robin Hood with Zootopia cameos
Wreck it Ralf with a small part with a Reactor from FF7
something based on the Goofy shorts
Honey I Shrunk the Kids garden
ANYTHING with the Muppets

and the number one most wanted world in KH by platy is...
Roger Rabit's Toontown
...or anything with Roger Rabbit =P

kurahador

Star Wars. Light saber keyblades would be so awesome.

Lih6YG0.png

I'm on the fence about Star Wars but now that I think about it, basing it on Rebels instead of the movies might just work. Having the Inquisitor be the world boss would be fairly dope.

Aside from that, I'd like to see PoTC return. Basing it on the 2nd and 3rd movie would be logical given that a key and a heart (both connected to Davy Jones) play a big role in the plot.

No Marvel though. Maybe something like a Thor summon, MAYBE.

Zootopia's my most-wanted for sure, though I worry it's too new. Sure, they were privy to information on the upcoming films while development began (hence how Big Hero 6 got in), but I'm not quite sure where the line gets drawn, or how much they knew of the final script at the time (given it changed dramatically with the shift away from the shock collars). Still, I'm kinda sad the only game we got out of that was a hidden object game (even if its writing seems to have been on-point).

Robin Hood, failing that (probably not both at once).

I dunno if I want to see it, but Frozen's a given.

[QUOTE="D";221817411]I'd like to see some Final Fantasy representation.. Perhaps Gold Saucer for minigames, Cosmo Canyon, the Blitzball stadium/Zanarkand, etc.[/QUOTE]Gold Saucer would be a good addition, but what'd really sell that for me is if it also included its (retroactive?) founder, Godbert Manderville.

Azuran

Banned
Zootopia's my most-wanted for sure, though I worry it's too new. Sure, they were privy to information on the upcoming films while development began (hence how Big Hero 6 got in), but I'm not quite sure where the line gets drawn, or how much they knew of the final script at the time (given it changed dramatically with the shift away from the shock collars). Still, I'm kinda sad the only game we got out of that was a hidden object game (even if its writing seems to have been on-point).

Is BH6 being in that big of a surprise? Tarzan was less than 3 years old by the time the original game came out.

[QUOTE="D";221817411]I'd like to see some Final Fantasy representation.. Perhaps Gold Saucer for minigames, Cosmo Canyon, the Blitzball stadium/Zanarkand, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they kept the Final Fantasy stuff to the bare minimum considering this is a Disney game first and foremost. Radiant Garden has been enough in my eyes.

Malyse

Is BH6 being in that big of a surprise? Tarzan was less than 3 years old by the time the original game came out.

I'm glad they kept the Final Fantasy stuff to the bare minimum considering this is a Disney game first and foremost. Radiant Garden has been enough in my eyes.

They already confirmed no Final Fantasy worlds a while ago, so no need for concerns there.

----

The fact that Star Wars and Marvel are serial narratives makes inserting them into Kingdom Hearts ludicrously simple. Much like how Atlantica KH1, Halloween Town KH1, Neverland KH1, and Space Paranoids KH2 didn't directly follow the stories of their respective films, they can do whatever the hell they want story wise for Kingdom Hearts. They can make a new story just for the game, something we've already seen with the San Fransokyo world acting as a direct sequel to Big Hero 6 instead of a retelling. Also, bt-dubs: Big Hero 6 is Marvel so Marvel is already in KH3. #dealwithit

And Frozen is like the most profitable animated film of all time, so #dealwithit^2.

PSqueak

Banned
For those suggesting Wreck-it Ralph, it better have some sort of convo going like this:

Sora: Oh wow! what an amazing world this is!

Ralph: Hey Sora! welcome to game central, it's a pleasure to have you here finally.

Sora: Oh? how do you know my name?

Ralph: well, you're Sora from Kingdom Heart, right? Your game is very popular.

Sora: Game? i...i don't follow.

Ralph: Well you do know you come from a video-

Felix: Ralph, shush, not now!

notaskwid

If they bring Star Wars, I think it's more probable to be in a Clone Wars/Rebels art style that doing what they did with Pirates tbh.

jobrro

Would love a full recreation of Disneyland or Magic Kingdom. Kinda like the Kinect game but with current gen graphics and not having to hold your hand out to move around.

Toy Story would also be cool. Seeing the gang as toys going around a larger than life bedroom or house would be a blast.

PSqueak

Banned
Would love a full recreation of Disneyland or Magic Kingdom. Kinda like the Kinect game but with current gen graphics and not having to hold your hand out to move around.

Toy Story would also be cool. Seeing the gang as toys going around a larger than life bedroom or house would be a blast.

So, the Ventus portions of the cinderella world in Birth by sleep?

Piers

Isn't Marvel in it already? Pretty sure they confirmed a Big Hero 6 world.

This. Big Hero 6 is going to be 'Marvel' for this game.
I'd also like to see Frozen if only because it'd be a great world to exploit Fire spells and maybe learn Ice Ines.

TDLink

Big Hero 6, Tangled, and the return of Olympus are already confirmed. Frozen is like 100% going to happen.

I'd also like to see:

• Star Wars
  • Avengers
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Toy Story
  • Ratatouille
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Treasure Planet
  • Aladdin and the King of Thieves

killatopak

Gold Member
A Final Fantasy world.

It would be nice if they could go to Midgard or Sphera or something.

Tired of disney worlds.

Never going to happen, but:
616yzmcfkjl._sx342_v1s8i.jpg

Other than that, it would also be great to see:
-Lilo and Stitch (Hawaii, instead of just the space level in BBS)
-Zootopia
-Moana would probably also be nice to see

Already got my favorite Disney movie in Tangled announced, so I'm good on worlds.

Please, please no underwater worlds.
I'm looking at you little mermaid

RRockman

Banned
I really dislike Frozen but I can accept Elsa as a summon. I do need me some Treasure Planet. That movie was essentially made for this game series and its a travesty that it hadn't been realized yet.

They already confirmed no Final Fantasy worlds a while ago, so no need for concerns there.

----

The fact that Star Wars and Marvel are serial narratives makes inserting them into Kingdom Hearts ludicrously simple. Much like how Atlantica KH1, Halloween Town KH1, Neverland KH1, and Space Paranoids KH2 didn't directly follow the stories of their respective films, they can do whatever the hell they want story wise for Kingdom Hearts. They can make a new story just for the game, something we've already seen with the San Fransokyo world acting as a direct sequel to Big Hero 6 instead of a retelling. Also, bt-dubs: Big Hero 6 is Marvel so Marvel is already in KH3. #dealwithit

And Frozen is like the most profitable animated film of all time, so #dealwithit^2.

If Star Wars gets in my hope is it's A New Hope, complete with Tatooine, Yavin, the Death Star, and some gummi ship/X-Wing combat. It's the most iconic of the Star Wars movies and possibly one of the most iconic movies in general, so adapting it would make more sense than just making up a new storyline like they've done in the past. They could do something similar for Marvel, adapting either the first Iron Man movie or The Avengers movie. Or maybe we'd just get a Spidey world.

I really dislike Frozen but I can accept Elsa as a summon. I do need me some Treasure Planet. That movie was essentially made for this game series and its a travesty that it hadn't been realized yet.

The problem with it is that the movie bombed pretty hard and hasn't had the resurgence in popularity of something like Hunchback (which made more money than it anyways). They could pull a Three Musketeers and use it just to have something cool from the vault, but that's the reason it hasn't shown up yet.
Of the movies made between Fantasia 2000 and Bolt (the 'Dark Times') I wouldn't expect anything beyond Lilo and Stitch (which has already been represented) and Emperor's New Groove (which has a relatively large fanbase rallying for it). Chicken Little got into KH2 as a promo for what was coming soon. So (as cool as it would be to see them) I wouldn't get my hopes up for Dinosaur, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home On The Range, Chicken Little (unless they want to bring back the Summon), or Meet The Robinsons.
For the people (including me) who would love to see Zootopia, wouldn't that depend on when KH3 actually comes out? If it's a 2017 game I can't see something that new making it in, if it's a late 2018 game maybe they could?

Malyse

The problem with it is that the movie bombed pretty hard and hasn't had the resurgence in popularity of something like Hunchback (which made more money than it anyways). They could pull a Three Musketeers and use it just to have something cool from the vault, but that's the reason it hasn't shown up yet.
Of the movies made between Fantasia 2000 and Bolt (the 'Dark Times') I wouldn't expect anything beyond Lilo and Stitch (which has already been represented) and Emperor's New Groove (which has a relatively large fanbase rallying for it). Chicken Little got into KH2 as a promo for what was coming soon. So (as cool as it would be to see them) I wouldn't get my hopes up for Dinosaur, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Home On The Range, Chicken Little (unless they want to bring back the Summon), or Meet The Robinsons.
For the people (including me) who would love to see Zootopia, wouldn't that depend on when KH3 actually comes out? If it's a 2017 game I can't see something that new making it in, if it's a late 2018 game maybe they could?
Nomura and the team get early access to films for that reason specifically. Or rather, they get material enough to incorporate it if they want. I'm certain that they have Moana assets already, considering that the Disney Infinity playset was more than half done months ago.

Disney owns ESPN, ABC, and Touchstone Pictures. So I want Olympus Coliseum to be replaced with a UFC octagon, I wanna get lost on the island in Lost, and I wanna figure out Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Disney also has close ties with Studio Ghibli and Touchstone Pictures even produced The Wind Rises, so all of it.

At this point, probably not, but your comparison doesn't really hold water; the game's been in development longer than Big Hero 6 has been out, whereas the first Kingdom Hearts didn't start development until half-a-year to a full year after Tarzan hit theaters.

Also Goofy's VA claimed all his recording had been completed by January 2015, which would be before Zootopia got a complete overhaul to remove the shock collars, and that'd would make its inclusion a little questionable. (Then again, his VA also said the game'd be a 2015 release, and we saw how that worked out.)

Top Bottom