• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would make up GAFs pyramid of gaming greatness?

cormack12

Gold Member
Ron Swanson developed the Pyramid of Greatness over the course of many years. It's a perfectly calibrated recipe for maximum personal achievement. Here is the original Swanson Pyramid of Greatness

swanson-pyramid-of-greatness-nexus10-2560x1600.png

If GAF was to create a gaming pyramid of greatness what feats, experiences and traits would make it up? We have a blank image, let's go for it. Ones with the most reactions will be added

PryHSFS.png

StueyDuck

the problem is that, I myself can change my opinion day to day.

some days it's the N64 (actual good) zelda games and MGS and FF7 on top... then other days it's the witness, fez and outerwilds on top.... honestly I think the latter is literally the greatest games ever made but the prior is just got such an important place in gaming and history....

long story short I wouldn't be able to help because my own mind is barely made up. would classic games be on top, perfect games... I don't know

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Maybe doesnt fit here but getting my Xbox Live beta kit and being able to talk to players, literal game changer for me

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Top part of the pyramid is definitely complaining about wokeness.

the problem is that, I myself can change my opinion day to day.

some days it's the N64 (actual good) zelda games and MGS and FF7 on top... then other days it's the witness, fez and outerwilds on top.... honestly I think the latter is literally the greatest games ever made but the prior is just got such an important place in gaming and history....

long story short I wouldn't be able to help because my own mind is barely made up. would classic games be on top, perfect games... I don't know
This is completely normal but we’ve all been dragged into list wars because the internet thrives on strong opinions and arguments over people’s favourite things.

I’ve started looking at games (aswell as movies and tv shows) in four simple categories - poor, okay, good and great.

The likes of Mario 64, TLOU II, FFVII, Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Ocarina of Time and RDR II are truly great games to me but I have no idea or interest anymore putting them into some order that I will change next week or year anyway.

Humdinger

Hey, it's supposed to be greatness, guys, not "shitty things about GAF."

How about: Freedom of Speech
Second choice: We Ain't Woke
Third: Men can be Men

I'm not sure what the funny quips would be that follow those ideas, but those are some of the things I think contribute to GAF's "greatness."

Last edited:
Top Bottom