• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the deal with Gran Turismo 4's Japanese release?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
When's it coming out? Generally, the Japanese GTs get released about 2-3 months before their domestic counterparts make waves. We're half way into July and there doesn't seem to be any talk of GT4 coming out in Japan any time soon. What's the deal? I know the US version is going to hit in November, so the Japanese version should be out either late August or early September...but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Anybody have any insight? :(

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I hope that isn't the case. I cry myself to sleep in anticipation of the game. I want it to come out early overseas so I can import it. :(

WarPig

GT4 is basically "sometime this winter" worldwide. As is always the case with GT, it's out when Polyphony says they're finally done with it, but I'm inclined to think SCE will eventually put their foot down this time, because they kinda need a big hit release in Japan this year.

DFS.

I don't really think there's any solid date for GT4 in any territory. This is mainly because Sony said earlier this year that they weren't going to rush Polyphony and that if they needed any delays to fix something they'd be able to get it.

akihara

Yeah, i'm pretty sure Sony said it was going to be a worldwide simultaneous release sometime in November. That's the best we've got so far.

Top Bottom