• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo vs EA Racing

I think we've seen that Gran Turismo has outclassed just about every racing franchise on the planet now.

I'd love to see them do seasonal releases to incorporate F1, Rally, and even NASCAR for those who like that.

F1 23 and EA Sports WRC simply leave a lot to be desired, although I think Polyphony needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to snow and dirt, which certainly complicates getting a WRC license. But I think that's the direction toward monetization that Polyphony should have gone after rather than the warped in-game economy. Maybe we can see this built out for Gran Turismo 8.

Historically, it's been interesting. Sony had the Formula One license dating back to 1996 and produced games until 2007, but it wasn't an exclusive license. I wonder if after the results of F1 and EA WRC these organizations will look to open things up more.

I still think Polyphony needs to push a PC version out there, which would make paying for some of these licenses more affordable.

MCplayer

I think we've seen that Gran Turismo has outclassed just about every racing franchise on the planet now.

I'd love to see them do seasonal releases to incorporate F1, Rally, and even NASCAR for those who like that.

F1 23 and EA Sports WRC simply leave a lot to be desired, although I think Polyphony needs to go back to the drawing board when it comes to snow and dirt, which certainly complicates getting a WRC license. But I think that's the direction toward monetization that Polyphony should have gone after rather than the warped in-game economy. Maybe we can see this built out for Gran Turismo 8.

Historically, it's been interesting. Sony had the Formula One license dating back to 1996 and produced games until 2007, but it wasn't an exclusive license. I wonder if after the results of F1 and EA WRC these organizations will look to open things up more.

I still think Polyphony needs to push a PC version out there, which would make paying for some of these licenses more affordable.
No game has been able to beat iRacing mate, old af and still being sucessfull in revenue, experience and playerbase, after more than 10 years with no need to release a new game version of it. Although, maybe its not correct to call iRacing a franchise 🤔

But in the Simcade world yeah

ACC is gonna explode when Nordchleife and GT2 pack release too, can't wait

Last edited:

GHG

Open wheel racing and rally are amongst the worst experiences in GT. The physics are all wrong for those vehicles/surfaces.

So no.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

WRC has stutter drama and graphic criticism but they’re not even in the same plane of existence for physics and stages for rally.

God no, what a bad idea

Perrott

Gold Member

Actually, Sony did have exclusive F1 rights between 2003 and 2007, as well as the WRC rights between 2000 and 2005.

Their WRC games in particular, developed by Evolution Studios, were pretty amazing.

Top Bottom