• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did KFC get so terrible? What's the best fast food place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to try one of the new KFC spice boxes this week, 6 euro. Cold flavourless chicken, it was also soggy, cold hard chips, soggy onion rings. Christ. Not the first time from KFC either, the quality has dramatically dropped in recent years.

I like mcdonalds cos mcdonalds quality tends to be consistent quality no matter what, but its gotta be supermacs as GOAT fast food place. Never had bad chicken from there, decent chips, good sausages and onion rings.

What say you gaf?

edit - there is no popeye's in the UK, and there is exactly one five guys about an hour away from where I live.

theWB27

Sonic and white castle. The only thing decent at Mcdonald's is their breakfast. Their burgers are pathetic.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Popeyes is the superior fried chicken place.

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwiches are the fucking truth though. They're half price for a few weeks in Canada and Ive eaten so much already (had 4 yesterday while out with friends)

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Leave KFC ALONE! :mad:

But if you're looking for something else, I'd suggest Carl's Jr., In N Out or Fatburger.

If there's a whattaburger or in and out or taco bell in your area i say those are my top 3.

KFC ain't bad to me either. But i still like popeyes,frenchies and churchs over it.

Edit: oh yeah.. chickfila too. Top notch customer service.

I remember, in my childhood, KFC being good. Tried if like 4-5 years ago again, and I never want to go to KFC ever again.

Anyways, Chick Fil A is a 10/10 in my book.

Grazing shed in Cardiff. So, so good ☺️
You're probably better off at your local Wetherspoons if you don't have a five guys or Byron close by. I had the cheesemas at Byron a while back and it was the greatest burger I've ever had.

Nevasleep

KFCs in the UK seem to be a lot more lax when it comes to following rules/procedures/food prep, compared to McDonalds (although you still get a few bad McDs).

I quite enjoy the new ZINGER® BONELESS BANQUET in the UK.

The KFC near me has always been pretty good. I dunno, I guess it depends on location. And I still refuse to eat at Chick-fil-A. Have never been there, never will.

Lum1n3s

Good joke.
I think I see where he's coming from, no matter when you go get a McChicken it'll always taste like you expect it to no matter where you go.

I have to say that KFC's new golden tenders are dope. Like I legitimately cried when I took my first bite and while I ate them. Creme de la creme 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Watevaman

The best fast food for the price is definitely Cook-Out but I'm pretty sure they don't have those in Europe. Out of the international joints, I'd go with McDonalds or Wendys.

sonicfan

Venerable Member
For chicken, there is no other for me, Raising Cane's.

Chicken-Fingers-Beaumont-Tx.jpg

I think I see where he's coming from, no matter when you go get a McChicken it'll always taste like you expect it to no matter where you go.

I have to say that KFC's new golden tenders are dope. Like I legitimately cried when I took my first bite and while I ate them. Creme de la creme 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Yes exactly.

Cepheus

Burger King, because of the Steakhouse Burger alone. Also, the fries are godlike. McDonalds' fries are too salty, KFC's are too greasy, but Burger King's are just right. We only have those three in the UK, unless you count Five Guys which only recently made an appearance.

Nevasleep

You're probably better off at your local Wetherspoons if you don't have a five guys or Byron close by. I had the cheesemas at Byron a while back and it was the greatest burger I've ever had.
Daisy Duke burger for me, although kinda expensive if you aren't a student.

Shake Shack can be good too.

when i lived in cardiff i really liked albany fish bar

is it still good/around?

Measley

I have to say that KFC's new golden tenders are dope. Like I legitimately cried when I took my first bite and while I ate them. Creme de la creme ������������

Hmmm, I gotta give those golden tenders a whirl. Sad to say, but Chicken tenders are a staple of my diet.

Im so jealous of american fast food. That chicken finger pic looks amazing

The Cane sauce is even more amazing...... You can dip EVERYTHING in it and its soooo good!

jesu

KFC has always been hit or miss for me, depending on the location.
Luckily the one near me is pretty good, better than any other near by chicken huts.

Yup it's obviously Chick-fil-A followed up be Raising Canes. Neither can be beat by anything else.

In other news, can anyone imagine liking McDonald's?

Daisy Duke burger for me, although kinda expensive if you aren't a student.

Shake Shack can be good too.

Have you seen the new lamb one with the onion baji strips? Looks so good. I don't work for them by the way. I just work across the road so I always see the posters, haha.

OG Kush

Decided to try one of the new KFC spice boxes this week, 6 euro. Cold flavourless chicken, it was also soggy, cold hard chips, soggy onion rings. Christ. Not the first time from KFC either, the quality has dramatically dropped in recent years.

I like mcdonalds cos mcdonalds quality tends to be consistent quality no matter what, but its gotta be supermacs as GOAT fast food place. Never had bad chicken from there, decent chips, good sausages and onion rings.

What say you gaf?

edit - there is no popeye's in the UK, and there is exactly one five guys about an hour away from where I live.

I live in the UK and had that new boneless spicy zinger fillet box meal last night. Was pretty good. The zinger fries were alright as well. Might've just been the branch or the specific meal i got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom