• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"When we stop shooting ourselves in the foot...Atari's going to be a great company.''

Atari reported its fiscal Q4 results:

Source: TheStreet.com

Light Revenue Knocks Atari

By Troy Wolverton
TheStreet.com Staff Reporter
6/14/2005 6:11 PM EDT

The bad news just keeps coming at Atari.

Sales at the struggling video-game software maker fell well short of expectations in its just-completed quarter. Meanwhile, the company announced that it plans to sever ties with another studio.

On a conference call, company executives sought to reassure investors, particularly after the sudden departure of company CEO Jim Caparro earlier this month.

"I remain very committed ... to carrying out the initiatives we've laid out," said Atari CFO Diane Baker. "When we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and do everything right, Atari's going to be a great company."

But that day still seemed way off on Tuesday, as the company reported its fiscal fourth-quarter results. In the quarter ended March 31, Atari lost $9.08 million, or 7 cents a share, on sales of $62.7 million. In the same period a year ago, the company lost $17.31 million, or 14 cents a share, on $64.8 million.

Excluding restructuring charges, Atari would have lost $4.2 million, or 3 cents a share, in the latest quarter.

On average, the four analysts polled by Thomson First Call were expecting the company to lose 4 cents a share on $76.4 million in sales in the quarter, excluding restructuring charges. On this basis, the company predicted in February that it would post a bottom line ranging from break-even to a $10 million, or 8-cents-a-share, loss on sales of between $70 million to $80 million.

The company did not give its outlook on its current fiscal quarter or year.

Source: PRNewswires

Atari's product lineup for fiscal 2006 is expected to include the following new releases:

Dragon Ball GT: Transformation (GBA), Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi (PS2), Dragonshard (PC), Duel Masters: Shadow Code (GBA), Dungeons & Dragons Online (PC), Indigo Prophecy (PS2, Xbox and PC), Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (PS2, Xbox and PC), RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked (PC), The Matrix: Path of Neo (PS2, Xbox and PC), Timeshift (PC, Xbox), Tycoon City: New York (PC) among others.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
They released a quote that says, "When we stop sucking and start actually doing well, we'll be a great company"? Balls.

Atari's been dead for a long time....these fuckers just don't want to stop with the masquerade though. I wish Midway somehow ended up with the rights, then at least all of the old Atari properties would end up under one roof for the first time in decades. But no, these nimrods would rather plaster Atari on shitty Driver games and TV games collections that actually suck worse than the 1977 originals.

Spectral Glider said:
I wish Midway somehow ended up with the rights, then at least all of the old Atari properties would end up under one roof for the first time in decades.

I couldn't believe that Atari lost the Unreal franchise to Midway.

aoi tsuki

Porridge said:
I think the coolest thing ever would be to witness the launch of a new Atari game console.
Not after a quote like that. It's like something Reggie would say after a few drinks.

Rhindle

UbiSoftologist said:
They had ETM...but it didn't save them.
Actually, it probably did. I don't know that Atari would still be around if not for the killing they made on ETM. That, and all the Dragonball crap.

VALIS

Diane Baker said:
"When we stop shooting ourselves in the foot and do everything right, Atari's going to be a great company."

Atari's product lineup for fiscal 2006 is expected to include the following new releases:

Dragon Ball GT: Transformation (GBA), Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi (PS2), Dragonshard (PC), Duel Masters: Shadow Code (GBA), Dungeons & Dragons Online (PC), Indigo Prophecy (PS2, Xbox and PC), Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure (PS2, Xbox and PC), RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Soaked (PC), The Matrix: Path of Neo (PS2, Xbox and PC), Timeshift (PC, Xbox), Tycoon City: New York (PC) among others.

I count about a dozen foot bound bullets right there.

Top Bottom