• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where did the penny in the Batcave come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think it was Two-face.

8bit

Knows the Score
In the Golden age, it was taken from Joe Coyne, the "Penny Plunderer", a criminal obsessed with pennies. I think it's been retconned to be Two-Face these days though.

Claus

Banned
8bit said:
In the Golden age, it was taken from Joe Coyne, the "Penny Plunderer", a criminal obsessed with pennies. I think it's been retconned to be Two-Face these days though.

In the animated series Two Face ties Batman to it and flips the coin to determine whether he lives or dies.

Penguin

Yeah, the origin of the Penny is explained in "Almost Got "Em" in The Animated Series. Where Two-Face tells his tale.

explodet

Penguin said:
Yeah, the origin of the Penny is explained in "Almost Got "Em" in The Animated Series. Where Two-Face tells his tale.
"So Harvey, what happened to the giant penny?"
"They actually let him keep it!"

giantpenny-wf30.jpg

Worlds Finest #30....Batman and Robin confront Joe Coyne, the “Penny Plunderer,” at a coin show, and acquire the giant 1947 penny that decorates the Batcave.

Yet hasn't DC restarted thier histroy many times already?

human5892

Queen of Denmark
ConfusingJazz said:
So, instead of a the Penny Robber stealing, Batman stole a giant ass penny?
I read that as, "giant ass-penny," which momentarily confused me as I didn't know why you were suddenly referencing an Upright Citizen's Brigade sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom