• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Metal Wolf Chaos?

Anamoly

metalwolf_1096326963.jpg

From Softwares really cool looking xbox game where you play as the U.S. president running around in a giant mech with a shitoad of weapons. What happened to this game? I haven't seen or heard anything about it since sometime last year when the GAF hype began. I checked around and the only place selling the import is play-asia and thats a weeks wait before it even ships. Has any US publisher (Sega?) picked this up yet?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Pres - "Jody, how's my schedule look for today?"

Jody - "You've got a conference and dinner party at the Japanese Embassy regarding wildlife protection."

Pres - "Oh yeah. Sorry, but I'll have to cancel that. I'm heading out to save America."

tino

Banned
How can they make a Xbox game for Japanese market only? Don't they know it will sale for 500 copies, literally?

I want to be the president and kick ass, bad!

nitewulf

OH MIIIIIIIIIISTER PRESIDENT!!!!

this is the best game of all time. i can say that without even having played it. at all.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
when i heard this was going to be released in america, my doubt-o-meter went of the scale.

Playing the US president in a mech killing US troops in the US?

Come now, the censors would have a fit!

I like the way when the president is flying away from level one when the dialogue goes

"Mmmmmmmmmichael!"

it's almost too awesome.

and it has a

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!" vader moment

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'd import it for cheap, but only if you happen to like this kind of games. As a From fanboy I was waiting for Metal Wolf Chaos and I found it somewhat lacking, mostly because it is just Otogi but without a sword combo system, you make most of the overkill with guns. Things get better as you progress because of the insanely big armoury but the lack of gameplay persists.

While the game is way too flawed, the eyecandy is there with tons of particles and explosions and so is the downright hilarious plotline, which is so cheesy and over the top that it makes the game an instant classic. You just can't begin to imagine how much cheese there is, it is like if somebody at From was stoned while watching the CNN and listening some metal while writing the plot, all at the same time.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Maybe the plot has something to do with it. I mean, you are the president of the United States and you pretty much obliterate entire cities and piles over piles of your own soldiers while screaming some of the funniest quotes in videogame history. And don't even make me start with the Bush jokes and parallelisms, the game is so full of them it would make Ripclawe's head explode.

Here are some selected threads for those who care

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=22334

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=28442

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=28678

bloke

I think From promised western publishers live multiplayer and some other fixes, and then either realized that they can't implement it or just don't wanna bother with it since they're working on 360 games big time anyway.
Still, MWC is worth importing imho. True, gameplay can be repetitious at time, but there are lot of geniune moments, and the last level
where two presidents fight on the friggin space station
is pretty memorable.

Top Bottom