• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which bunk should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I don't take no bunk from nobody.

Cloudy

Banned

- No grimy feet on your bed when your bunkmate is going up
- Your bed won't be a seat for anyone and everyone

GDGF

Soothsayer
Bottom (for safety issues), but I must say that I learned on GAF from an african tennis player that you shouldn't take no bunk.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
bottom. easier to pass out onto, and less work to climb. imagine climbing a ladder when you're piss drunk.

Dyne

Bottom. So you can reach whatever you have on the floor. I.E. Game boy, beer, whatever. On the top you'd have to put it directly on the bed and it restricts movement.

=W=

If your roommate wets the bed, take top. Otherwise, scola's points are just too valid to ignore. I know from experience that it is much more difficult to build a fort on the top bunk.

impirius

Lost Weekend said:
Bottom (for safety issues), but I must say that I learned on GAF from an african tennis player that you shouldn't take no bunk.
You misspelled "basketball"

It depends on how picky you are about your stuff. If you don't mind having people sitting on your bed all the time, take the bottom.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Top, bottom isnt easier to get into when you are wasted, you'll hit your head, every time. Besides you wont mind sleeping on the floor if you are that wasted.

White Man

You are so a top.

However, my first semester of college, I fell out of my top bunk and smashed out my two front teeth. After the needed dental surgery, I decided to become a bottom.

I preferred top just because when falling asleep, I could stare at the ceiling. On the bottom you have to stare at the underside of your roommate and that always made me uncomfortable.

DaveH

If you're an aggressive person capable of controlling your own destiny and room, take the bottom. You can keep people from using your bed as a seat by force of will. Meanwhile it's more convenient. You can use the bottom bunk as a seat, it's easier to fall into and out of while sleepy, and the storage space underneath it is defaults to you (even if you split it, it's simply more convenient for you).

If you're a passive person who like to avoide confrontation, take the top bunk. You can use it to retreat away from others. And if you're pretending to sleep, no on really can say otherwise unless they're willing to climb up and into the bunk with you. The ceiling becomes yours by default... so you can put post-it notes, posters, or those annoying glow-in-the-dark stickers up there. The top bunk is largely un molested by strangers and other people, so you can actually make your bed and keep it the way you like.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I always took the top. I liked having my own private "perch" up above everyone else... kinda like how my cat always stares down at me from the top of my desk.

also, depending on how the bed is made... its possible that the filth of the top person seeps down and coats the person on the bottom during the night.

Top was just kinda a place where no one could bother you... whereas if my roomate was laying on his bed down below and someone wanted to watch tv they would just sit on him.

Boomer said:
Bottom, it's embarrassing bringin a girl to your room and havin to climb into the top bunk.

I don't think that's a problem for Matlock.

lol_2.gif
lol_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom