• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these two leather jackets do you prefer?

Jacket 1 or jacket 2?

• Jacket 1 - brown leather

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • Jacket 2 - black leather

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

teezzy

Banned
Looking to finally replace my cheap-o Michael Kors pleather jacket with something a bit pricer, real leather, and more distinguished. The two I have in mind are close enough to the same price (black leather is slightly costlier)

Jacket 1

juMPGqk.jpg

Jacket 2

LiMYUSk.jpg

The first jacket (brown) reminds me of a bit more of a classic look. Sorta Logan from X-Men movies kinda deal. Looks timeless and tough, rugged without being try-hard. Distinguished and aged - like an old cigar. Implications of a dude who has been around the block a bit; wiser than his years. Bit of a dad's jacket.

The second jacket (black) is more stylized, a little more "punk rock". Has a lot more youthful energy - maybe a bit 'sexier'? Definitely busier with the straps, kinda greaser lookin, probably sorta try-hard. Would probably look better once it was worn in a bit more and showcased an older soul like the first one does.

Just typing that out, I feel like I made up my mind moreso, but I'd love to hear what you all think. I definitely have the attitude to pull of either look, at least in my opinion. I think I've made up my mind just posting this, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Oh also, I'm going to be 30 this February, if you're tryna get an age on me. Bald, bearded, and tattooed. Glasses, but aviator frames. Don't plan on adding any pins, patches, studs, etc. Sorta past all that.

Cheers guys.

highrider

Banned
Jacket 1 but I don’t really like either one if I’m honest. I love leather jackets but the only ones I like are way more than I’d ever spend on a jacket.

teezzy

Banned
Jacket 1 unless you're a hip, punk teenager. But really, neither.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I rocked this denim occasionally up until recently, especially at shows.

g3vj8q6.jpg

I definitely felt like I was getting too old for that whole look. 29 currently. I was getting complimented on it constantly though. Especially in Detroit.

I took off all the studs, and most pins/patches. Kept Creature and Wolf Man, Red Wings, Spaulding and the Rolo Tomassi pin. It just looks more distressed now, but at least not like I'm an aging retard.

I work in an office and have my own home... not really rebelling against much these days lol.

teezzy

Banned
Jacket 1 but I don’t really like either one if I’m honest. I love leather jackets but the only ones I like are way more than I’d ever spend on a jacket.

The more expensive one is about $260... I'd be hard-pressed to drop more than that on a jacket.

I figured either of thes would last me years.

#2 looks good only if you're super thin.

c85d694466fc2dcbabcd49d8810ceab5.jpg

Even then, he's still got that huge gap around his neck he has to fill in with a scarf, or else your whole neck is totally exposed.

the-walking-dead-negan-png-clipart.jpg

If it was up to me, I'd keep looking for something better than #1. Don't rush this one and take your time until you find one you're sure about. #2 might be fine just to wear to concerts and stuff if you want, but you'd be super warm.

highrider

Banned
#2 looks good only if you're super thin.

c85d694466fc2dcbabcd49d8810ceab5.jpg

Even then, he's still got that huge gap around his neck he has to fill in with a scarf, or else your whole neck is totally exposed.

the-walking-dead-negan-png-clipart.jpg

If it was up to me, I'd keep looking for something better than #1. Don't rush this one and take your time until you find one you're sure about. #2 might be fine just to wear to concerts and stuff if you want, but you'd be super warm.

I think I can pull off this jacket but I hate, hate the way they look new.

teezzy

Banned
This is a year old (or so) pic of me in my current faux leather jacket. During my brief stint with wearing contact lenses. Also before I packed on about 15 lbs just working in an office and being a turd burglar

It's about as 'good looking' as I get tbh. Sorta my goal right now with just how much I've improved my diet and keep exercising now. This + some musculature.

fkog174aqnv21.jpg

This is a year old (or so) pic of me in my current faux leather jacket. During my brief stint with wearing contact lenses. Also before I packed on about 15 lbs just working in an office and being a turd burglar

It's about as 'good looking' as I get tbh. Sorta my goal right now with just how much I've improved my diet and keep exercising now. This + some musculature.

fkog174aqnv21.jpg
I have that same shirt lol. And yeah, you could pull off either jacket just fine honestly.

teezzy

Banned
Did you see them live bro?!!!

WHAT A SHOW!!! Punished Miku Punished Miku

Never in my life had I seen such a diverse audience. Everything from like Napalm Death tees, to Tera Melos, to like Siouxsie and the Banshees

Deafheaven attracts quite a crowd

Did you see them live bro?!!!

WHAT A SHOW!!! Punished Miku Punished Miku

Never in my life had I seen such a diverse audience. Everything from like Napalm Death tees, to Tera Melos, to like Siouxsie and the Banshees

Deafheaven attracts quite a crowd
Yep, and Drab Majesty and Uniform opened up. 2 years ago I think? It was indeed a totally sick show.

teezzy

Banned
Y'know, their gimmick sorta distracts from just how solid the music is.

This def sounds like it could be a decent Depeche banger with a little Duran thrown in

Y'know, their gimmick sorta distracts from just how solid the music is.

This def sounds like it could be a decent Depeche banger with a little Duran thrown in
If you never checked them out in detail, you should. I actually went to that show to see them and that was my first exposure to Deafheaven, who blew the roof off the place.

Drab Majesty guitar player is nuts. I think he plays without a pic on lots of stuff too.

teezzy

Banned
sounds like i know what im walking my dog to tonight

thanks brother

On that note, I'll leave you with some Soft Moon. Ruby needs to get her steps in

sounds like i know what im walking my dog to tonight

thanks brother

On that note, I'll leave you with some Soft Moon. Ruby needs to get her steps in

Soft Moon just did a track on the new (awesome) Health album. Only time I heard the name, but now with your recommendation I have to check them out completely.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I was going to say brown jacket, as it fits more situations and people, and is generally more casual, but after the pic, I’m not sure.

Can you try them on and take a pic? Which I know is a weird ask, but I really think that will be the tell, lol.

teezzy

Banned
I was going to say brown jacket, as it fits more situations and people, and is generally more casual, but after the pic, I’m not sure.

Can you try them on and take a pic? Which I know is a weird ask, but I really think that will be the tell, lol.

They're both online. Theres a recent enough picture of me in post #14 (I dont social media so I dont have many)

Use your third eye and stuffz

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I've had both.
One very similar to the brown a few years back and I had the black one 25 years ago when I was in high school.
Brown one is definitely better today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned
As a teen I would have chose jacket 2 and put a bunch of metal studs in it, but now 1 goes more with everything and has a subtle retro look to it.

teezzy

Banned
Yes do that, and make sure it’s actual leather and not pleather.

To be fair, my current pleather jacket was like a TJ Maxx find and the price was insane. People have also complimented it a fair amount

I'm starting to realize people compliment my apparel quite a bit. Maybe that's a somewhat subtle way of complimenting me.

Time to work on that whole self-confidence thing

AccurateKaleidoscopicFunnelweaverspider-small.gif

Good feels man

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
2 for the fonzie look

I'd always imagined his jacket as being black in my head too, but I actually caught a few episodes recently and that shit is brown bro

s-l640.jpg

Maybe they changed it throughout the series or it's one of those Berenstein Bear mass illusion things

brap

Banned
I'd always imagined his jacket as being black in my head too, but I actually caught a few episodes recently and that shit is brown bro

s-l640.jpg

Maybe they changed it throughout the series or it's one of those Berenstein Bear mass illusion things
Definitely black in the good ol days
The_Gang_Arnolds.jpg

fkog174aqnv21.jpg
What was the problem with the lenses? You look good without glasses..

elektrokats

Banned

Yes it's cheap and fake leather but I've purchased this jacket and it lasted well over a year for me. That is pretty good for only $50 and I recieved tons of compliments on it's looks. Just make sure to pick the right size.

Last edited:
I say 2 unless you find a less lame version of 1, but really neither unless you are on a bike.

Most of the time I'm in a leather jacket I just want to feel like a normal person again and not leather jacket guy.

Top Bottom