• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which of these two leather jackets do you prefer?

Jacket 1 or jacket 2?

• Jacket 1 - brown leather

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • Jacket 2 - black leather

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i own more or less the second jacket. it's pretty dope. got it for Christmas a year ago.

leather is great because it lasts forever. you can wear one jacket for decades.

Weiji

Banned
1 deffo.

Some nice designs here:

I really like this bad boy.

Coyotes_1024x1024_2x_431581b4-91b2-45be-8865-1f6a1ddb874c_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Oh and remember your mandatory purchase of:

s-l640.jpg

Some of this stuff looks great... I think I need a new jacket...

Nymphae

Banned
1st one looks better but it's still too modern urban male for me. Don't like collars like that and could do without the crosshatching on the shoulders.

The second one is the Fonz's jacket, I don't see many people wearing those anymore. I don't think it has a youthful connotation anymore.

Elcid

Banned
Jacket 1 is sick. Where are you getting it from? I may buy one to match. We can be jacket twinsies

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Get one like this:

71nWQouiZJL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

Then get a pair of aviator sunglasses.
Walk up to women and say "I can see this is dangerous for you. But if the pentagon trusts me... maybe you could too".
Profit

Dr Bass

1st one looks better but it's still too modern urban male for me. Don't like collars like that and could do without the crosshatching on the shoulders.

The second one is the Fonz's jacket, I don't see many people wearing those anymore. I don't think it has a youthful connotation anymore.

I dunno, number 2 could work.

Maybe he could put his cigs in the sleeve of his rolled up white T-shirt as well.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I'm going to have to agree with you here. I rocked this denim occasionally up until recently, especially at shows.

g3vj8q6.jpg

my wife has a few of these from back in the day, all customized by her. people always ask if she wants to sell them. i think she will, ppl offer up to $200 for them. its crazy.

teezzy

Banned
my wife has a few of these from back in the day, all customized by her. people always ask if she wants to sell them. i think she will, ppl offer up to $200 for them. its crazy.

Really?! :messenger_grinning_sweat: Tell her to get rich quick!

The entire point of jackets like that is that they're personalized as a point of self-expression. Like Nic Cage in WIld At Heart

a9632c14-0e85-4a0d-8c93-35f2185d9a0e.gif

People miss the mark so hard with this stuff. Everyone wants to buy their own sense of self-identity these days. Weird culture.

Saber

Gold Member
I would choose leather 1.

Its more simplistic but still stylish. And less attention seeker, the color looks very smooth for a brown jacket.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
For a different style that might pique your interest, have a look at bike jackets:

Mossybrew

Def. the first one but i really don't like those "padded/stitched" shoulder

I have one very similar to this model
bl_bodmiscombe_vin_exp_big.jpg

Yeah this is marginally better, but honestly all these jackets are gonna just make you look like a douchebag 90% of the time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd always imagined his jacket as being black in my head too, but I actually caught a few episodes recently and that shit is brown bro

s-l640.jpg

Maybe they changed it throughout the series or it's one of those Berenstein Bear mass illusion things
Henry Winkler was 30 when he played him. lol

DrJohnGalt

Banned
They both look great IMO. I've got one like the top (same colors but different shoulders and an off-white horizontal stripe) and I love it.

I don't think after a certain age you could pull the bottom one off as well. And as somebody else said, it depends on your body type. I'd suggest seeing how you look in both of them and how they both feel with mobility and comfort. Unless you're ordering online...

haxan7

Banned
I blew $800 on a Schott Perfecto black leather biker jacket (the style of the black one from the OP) a few years ago.

It's really cumbersome, heavy, and hard to wear. I wouldn't recommend it.

I would honestly go with a cafe racer type jacket (brown one in OP) in the $200-400 range. Going to be a lot more functional and match different types of outfits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom