• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which one is more likely to happen: Astral Chain 2 or Scarlet Nexus 2?

Which one?

• Total voters

KàIRóS

Which one would you prefer? and which one do you think is more likely to happen?

Both games have sold about the same (1 million+) and in the case of Scarlet Nexus more than 2 million have played it thanks to Game Pass.

Platinum Games said Astral Chain sold more than expected.

The director of Scarlet Nexus said he's interested in making a sequel with a more mature story.

ec5b8jq.jpg
v8CoIQg.jpg

Last edited:

saintjules

Both are unique in their own right. With the way the mechanics were a bit innovative with AC, I'd more likely see a sequel with this before Scarlet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gotta be Scarlet Nexus. It's like Namco can't stop themselves.

cireza

I didn't enjoy Scarlet Nexus at all. Maybe I should give it another chance. Only thing I remember is that all the side stories were absolute garbage.

I would love Code Vein 2 though. The first one was awesome.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Scarlet nexus, that game seems to have been received very well across the board All things considered.

KàIRóS

Personally I would be much more interested in Astral Chain 2 but Platinum has a tendency of never making sequels, Nintendo owns the IP though so I think there's still a chance of it happening.

On the other hand Scarlet Nexus probably sold more than what Bamco expected especially considering it's a completely new IP, It wasn't a bad game but IMO it was way too long and the combat eventually got boring for me.

Valt7786

I want both :(
And Astral Chain 2 better have another banging soundtrack and Anime-esque opening sequence again.

Last edited:
Which one would you prefer? and which one do you think is more likely to happen?

Both games have sold about the same (1 million+) and in the case of Scarlet Nexus more than 2 million have played it thanks to Game Pass.

Platinum Games said Astral Chain sold more than expected.

The director of Scarlet Nexus said he's interested in making a sequel with a more mature story.

ec5b8jq.jpg
v8CoIQg.jpg
Astral chain would be cool if it went multi platform otherwise would prefer a scarlet sequel

Kataploom

Gold Member
Afaik bandai Namco already said they had long terms plans for Scarlet Nexus as a franchise so I'd go with that, but platinum have proven to be of value to Nintendo switch catalog I don't discard an astral chain sequel next year or the following

Hudo

What is Taura working on these days? I know that Nintendo acquired ownership of the Astral Chain IP. Is it possible they're working together with Platinum again for Astral Chain 2 as a launch title for Switch 2?

Gambit2483

Astral Chain. Nintendo bought the IP and it was Platinum Games best selling game of the generation.

Meanwhile Scarlet Nexus was on sale for $30 4 months later and Bamco never ever mentions it.

nobitakun

Neo Member
Astral Chain. Nintendo bought the IP and it was Platinum Games best selling game of the generation.

Meanwhile Scarlet Nexus was on sale for $30 4 months later and Bamco never ever mentions it.
I count Switch as the same generation as PS4, so NO. Nier Automata is the best selling game from Platinum Games, which sold more copies than all Bayonetta's combined BY FAR. And yeah, Astral Chain is a very good game, but Nier Automata is the pinnacle of what Platinum Games can do, they will just never do a games as good.

IAmRei

Astral chain, i like the character designer, which one of my favorite mangaka since my hs back then. And astral chain is not only pretty, gameplay wise is awesomely done game.

Havent try scarlet, but will do someday.

Hudo

Good question. Astral Chain is a Nintendo IP, so Nintendo could easily bankroll another game. Namco also said that Scarlet Nexus has met expectations, which also could mean they're ready to make another one. Both are equally likely, imho.

Top Bottom