• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whisker Squadron is like a New 16-Bit Star Fox - Game & Watch PREVIEW (Kickstarter Announced!)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

From the creators of Race the Sun, Whisker Squadron is a procedurally-generated space shooter inspired by the 16-bit Star Fox games! Watch Joey as he tries to navigate the harsh environments of space as two different characters in this gameplay preview of an early build of the game!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Holy shungus this really appeals to me for various reasons. Way to find that gap in the market and beat Ninty at their own game RtS devs! (maybe)

People are so burned from Starfox Zero they will lap this up, I wonder when that preview will be released to the public.

amigastar

OK, don't know exactly what to think of it right now. Maybe when more first impressions come in.
procedurally-generated is such a thing, it has to be well implanted.

Last edited:

Rat Rage

So simple & beautiful... Just like the first Star Fox! It makes me wanna rage something like this isn't coming from Nintendo themselves.

Ovek

7Member7
Procedurally-generated = not interested. I know seed generated levels are an indy darling but for fuck sake make some hand crafted levels that are epic.

Also they might be apeing Star Fox visuals but it hasn't got any of the charm.

Nah Sorry when I was like 11 and Star Fox came out, it was cool... But now that I'm aware of these fucking furries get this feline character shit out of my face. A cartoon human can fly a god damn 12 sided polygon just fine in my nostalgia bait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom