• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the bigger brain? Halsey (Halo) or Sobeck (Horizon)

Who is the alpha female?

• Total voters

cormack12

Gold Member
60aa24af9abab0bf8281ee8054f06cc9.jpg

FNkFtQ7WQAMJEI9.jpg
dr+catherine+halsey+halo+reach.jpg

Why?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Catherine Elisabeth Halsey

Easy work.

It is kinda unfair though.
A prodigy in the Halo universe is all but guaranteed to be much "smarter" than one from the Horizon universe.
Horizon is for lack of a better term a more grounded game.....and thats saying something about how out there the Halo universe actually is.
Halo has tech thats straight up space magic.
People forget Halsey had an understanding of SlipSpace shit and the AI like Cortana and TheWeapon.

We robbed of a really cool battle between John + The Weapon and Cortana.
1600px-HINF_Concept_CortanaCopy.jpg

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
For the uninitiated who haven't played either series, who are these characters and why are they important?

STARSBarry

Gold Member

I mean... until they ruined him in eternal... but I like to pretend lore wise that game doesn't exist because every reveal was shit. But he was great in Doom 2016 as a scientist who saved humanity by finding an alternative source of energy, and when his body failed him found an alternative one. A real problem solver, and probably able to rip your head off.

Last edited:

Synless

I mean... until they ruined him in eternal... but I like to pretend lore wise that game doesn't exist because every reveal was shit. But he was great in Doom 2016 as a scientist who saved humanity by finding an alternative source of energy, and when his body failed him found an alternative one. A real problem solver, and probably able to rip your head off.

And he sounds like a fucking badass!

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
For the uninitiated who haven't played either series, who are these characters and why are they important?
Hasley created the Spartan program and the Mjolnir suits.

Sobeck was a lesbian.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the next game to unceremoniously dump what the last one set up and start over with a new rando villain

Oh I agree, just like the last game before that. Fuck old 343. New 343 better fucking bring it. The current playlists of MCC and Infinite are shite forge all over again and again. I liken it to Lego vs Megablock, they fucking megablocks-d Halo.

Yes I'm an old objective player, flag and bomb specifically, with a hatred of what became of Halo. And not just the developers but a lot of the community, crap like infection is just shit I don't want to play. Most forge maps are trash, the good ones are not like dev made maps (especially after playing dozens/hundreds of times).

The worst part was the story in Halo 4+terminals was it felt like leading up to a new 343 beginning with a love song to the old. Nope it was a wrap up to fuck up after fuck up.

LordOfChaos

The worst part was the story in Halo 4+terminals was it felt like leading up to a new 343 beginning with a love song to the old. Nope it was a wrap up to fuck up after fuck up.

Yeah, the Halo 4 terminals and the Forerunner trilogy of books were getting into the good shit, only for the next two games to ignore it and both go in wildly different directions. They should have just stuck with the Didact story line but they got scared by game only fans not knowing the lore I guess, went with a weird side quest with Guardians, and then ignored Guardians mostly with Infinite. It's possible The Timeless thing in Infinite is somehow leading back to Precursors, but we've had no word on a future of its DLC or story since its launch.

Just crazy mismanagement of such a good franchise.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Sobek was presented with a problem: "We have accidentally created killer robots that will destroy all biological life on earth in less than 2 years. How do we stop them?

Her analysis/solution was: We can't. Best we can do is create a way to essentially reseed the earth with animal, plant, and human life in a couple hundred years. She put together and led a team of the top scientists around and built a series of bunkers that would act as cradles to birth new life, along with a bunch of friendly robots that would do the task that normal animals contribute to an ecosystem. She had a good plan that was screwed up by Ted Faro, delaying the rebirth of humanity by almost 500 years

Like someone else here said, they lived in different phases of their universe. Sobek was born in the 2020's in our universe. Catherine Elisabeth Halsey lived in what would be Horizon's "dark ages", except civilization didn't end for her.

GymWolf

Sobeck created (with some help) a plan to save the planet and a terraforming program that did its thing even 1000 years after its creation, so you can say she is pretty smart...

Not gonna vote since i don't remember what halsey did tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom