• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's watching THE AMAZING RACE tonight? Preview inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoccaJava

Banned
TENSIONS HEAT UP AND WHILE SOME TEAMS CONTINUE TO TREK
AHEAD ALONE, OTHER TEAMS RELY ON THEIR ALLIANCES TO HELP THEM, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 5," TUESDAY, JULY 20

"I got electrocuted" -- Nine teams continue through the vast Argentinean region, and while some rely on alliances, others choose to compete by themselves, on THE AMAZING RACE 5, Tuesday, July 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

Two teams form an alliance, and when one of the teams gets stuck, they quickly benefit from their allies' help. However, when the tables are turned and the other team gets lost, will the favor be returned or will the alliance be betrayed? Meanwhile, an airport encounter brings tensions to a boil as two teams get into a fight. Also, a roadblock has one team extremely frustrated struggling with the challenge as several other teams fly past them, leaving them in fear of being eliminated.

Can't wait! One of the best shows on TV right now.

Fifty

Dammit! The best team lost. :( Yes, not only my favourite, but the best.

I hope Charla gets hit by a truck. That team is just so awful.

ShadowRed

Banned
Damn I was hoping the team that got booted tonight took it all. They were the only team i bonded with. All the other team really haven't done much for me, including the black team that I'm usually am all for.

Mugen

Banned
I'm officially rooting for the Charla/Mirna team... yes, they might not win the whole thing but they are fun to watch. Everybody else is just annoying.

I so want the racist brothers to lose but they got really lucky Jim/Marsha got on the last flight. I'm also rooting for them. And I just realized Marsha is damn hot.

The Moms and the two old couple are doing better than I expected.

The Christian team, I puke for them. How can they be all 'godly' if they're screwing everyone and lying to their faces left and right?

Chip, I'm growing not to like. The guy is an ass. Hell, I'm liking the Twins right now which I hated the most when they were very annoying in the first episode.

I HATE THE MIDGET TEAM.

Right now, I'm rooting for Team American Psycho. Seriously, that dude is messed up - he acts nice and everything, but he's always giving the icy cold stare of death in all the interviews. When he snapped at his girl at the airline counter... that was his true psycho killer persona emerging. Give it a few episodes... he'll snap and murder one fo the other teams. I'm counting on it.

Memles

A few things...

Jim and Marsha were the one team I really liked...but at the same time, the race itself is so damn good this season I don't mind losing them.

Charla and Mirna annoy the hell out of me (She walked around like a fucking airplane) but LAnce/Marshall's "Bitch" comment was uncalled for, however true.

Colin/Christie ran a great leg, nice to see them doing well for racing well.

Best Quote: Chip - "We saw the Mayor! *Insert Girlish Squeal*"

Also...BEST. AIRLINE. SEQUENCE. EVER. The Standby, the madness, it rocked.

Best Moment: Kami and Karli swimming and then Phil pointing out the shallow water. My brother reminded me of a classic moment.

The Simpsons - "Marge becomes a Cop"

"Chicks...they always miss the door"

It fits so well...stupid Twins.

Mugen

Banned
Chesapeake Silt said:
Right now, I'm rooting for Team American Psycho. Seriously, that dude is messed up - he acts nice and everything, but he's always giving the icy cold stare of death in all the interviews. When he snapped at his girl at the airline counter... that was his true psycho killer persona emerging. Give it a few episodes... he'll snap and murder one fo the other teams. I'm counting on it.

lmao... Team American Psycho. LOL. I agree that that guy does have a temper.

Fifty

Chesapeake Silt said:
I HATE THE MIDGET TEAM.

Damn straight! I agree with you on both topics :D

ShadowRed

Banned
"I so want the racist brothers to lose but they got really lucky Jim/Marsha got on the last flight. I'm also rooting for them. And I just realized Marsha is damn hot."

What did they do that makes you think they are racist. I obviously missed that part.

"The Christian team, I puke for them. How can they be all 'godly' if they're screwing everyone and lying to their faces left and right?"

Yeah I hated them from day one. I was like i hope they get booted and booted fast.

Mugen

Banned
"What did they do that makes you think they are racist. I obviously missed that part."

second eps about the Uruguayans... one of the bros is asking for direction and when the kids from the club didn't know what he's talking about he said some thing like "...all those people, they're useless, dumb foreigners..." Well maybe not racist but "dumb Americans" are more fitting.

Fuck tonights episode sucked. the only team i liked got booted. And Marsha was hot. :( And yeah, the charla/mirna team annoys the living hell out of me. They dont do anything for themselves.

The only other team I like is still in it (Chalna and Mirna). I wanted the dad/daughter combo to win though.

The only 2 groups I simply don't want to win are the 2 brothers and the soccer moms. The bros are just annoying, and the soccer moms suck for screwing over my favorite team (the dad/daughter combo).

"They dont do anything for themselves."

They've basically done everything on their own. Most of the other teams have formed alliances while they've tried but it hasn't work. But since they don't have a team they just tell people that Charla can't walk far or something about her height. It's pretty funny imo.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
HAHA. Talk about weaksauce this episode. The dating team girl cant handle a little caviar. And they had such a huge lead...

LOOKING AT IT WONT MAKE IT DISAPPEAR

Fifty

Yeah....They really got shafted with that stupid ticket error. :(

Great episode. This is shaping up to be the best season so far. I loved the first 25 minutes...just pure strategy trying to get the best tickets, and the end had a great roadblock. Desire was the most important skill, so all teams had an even playing field.

Mugen

Banned
I fucking hate it when a leg is decided on a airport. Oh well, there's still the Mamas and Charla/Mirna... still good.

Memles

Mirna must die.

However, the best moment of the season thus far was in this episode.

Madrid Airport - Brandon and Nicole on the Phone to their Travel Agent

Cut to Brandon and Nicole talking.

NOW, cut to group of nuns coming down the escalator, and cue choir piece.

Then, cut back to God's Team.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Amazing Editors at work.

VERY sad to see Bob and Joyce go, especially considering the luck of some teams who happen to either be a complete and total bitch (Mirna) or someone who sadly is affiliated with said bitch (Charla). And bit of hope I had in their quality is gone.

Cheering for Chip and Kim, thanks to their strong showing this leg, and Linda and Karen for their overall strength. Colin and Christie., Brandon and Nicole...give me a MEH on those. Brothers...burn with Mirna.

When the psycho killer guy bought tickets for four teams, just so he wouldn't have to ride on a bus with the Midget Team... that was awesome. And I think the host guy is starting to get creeped out by Mirna's little post-race hugs. If he files for a restraining order, they'll never be able to check in at a pit stop again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom