• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why did Activison put a Sierra website up?

That's a huge stretch ... no one's going to make a AAA adventure game. Couldn't it just be some new unannounced AAA property? Or a sequel or something? What makes you think it's for a Sierra branded game?

It certainly could or something to go along with a new kings quest, the timing of it all is what has me curious. I have no idea what it will end up being but Activision is announcing something big next week which I assume will be at Gamescom.

If it is Kings Quest my money is on it being a complete Reboot and not being a traditional adventure game (perhaps a big budget RPG) we will know in a few days though.

DryvBy

I know this is going to be a new King's Quest, but I really hope they get the original collection and turn it into what Monkey Island was turned into. Beautiful art work (with instant VGA graphics switch), fun achievements, and on every platform. I love me some King's Quest!

Totbjorn

Neo Member

Yeah, I miss remembered that.
My main point though was that the Sierra resurrection is likely to be low cost remakes of old PnC games to cash in on the mobile and PC market. At least to begin with, if it sells I imagine they may make new ones.
I don't really see Activision spending big money on PnC games, not even Broken Age has sold that well even though I would love to be wrong.

jimi_dini

Which is a shame. I mean..that this is the condition, because the remake looks simply terrible.

If they at least used the original voices, but nope.

350 pixels by 800 something pixels, what? It was 320 x 200. And it also supported a VESA mode, which was 640 x 480 pixels. It used the same background pictures (320 x 200), except for the sierra logo, the main menu background and the credits, but had a few sprites replaced with hires versions. For example the menubar itself was hires. The magnifying glass in the first room was hires as well.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Okay... might want to get excited.

Something from Activision is being sent to retailers right now and all retailers are told to not have the stores open it until Activision gives the go ahead, this is very similar to whats happened with previous Call of Duty games and Assassin's Creed Black Flag last year (that poster or lithograph that was leaked a week early), chances are someone working at a retail location will leak this anyway and we will find out early next week.

Activision generally doesn't send things like this to retailers unless its a specific preorder intensive judging by past experiences I'd say it will likely be a poster preorder bonus for whatever is being announced (or something to that effect), although generally with Activision if they are taking the time to do something like this then its a BIG title for them.

If its Kings quest which sounds like it could possibly be then I'd expect a full on AAA experience.

I hope its awesome, can't wait to find out what it is.

It'll be something for advanced warfare not any Sierra games.

It'll be something for advanced warfare not any Sierra games.

Certainly possible although Activision generally doesn't care about things like this being leaked for a game they've already announced. Could be something for the big multiplayer reveal.

I want it to be something more interesting though XD

Top Bottom