• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is pizza straight out of the refrigerator so damn good?

Kadin

I love my pizza fresh and hot when I get it with some ranch dipping sauce but I swear the next day when it's cold, it's a whole other level. I don't know if it's because the cold makes it stronger but it's really a completely different flavor.

I don't get it. And I also don't prefer to use dipping sauce this way either, which I'd assume others would agree with.

So is it better hot or cold? Or is the answer obviously 'both'?

Jsisto

I’m not a fan of cold pizza, but temperature can really change the flavor profile of things. It’s the same thing with leftover pasta sauce. Whenever I make a big pot of spaghetti sauce, meatballs and sausage, it’s infinitely better the next day as it cools down and all the flavors have time to settle.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I love my pizza fresh and hot when I get it with some ranch dipping sauce but I swear the next day when it's cold, it's a whole other level. I don't know if it's because the cold makes it stronger but it's really a completely different flavor.

I don't get it. And I also don't prefer to use dipping sauce this way either, which I'd assume others would agree with.

Hear hear brother, love me some cold pizza to snack on

Kadin

Disgusting.

Now reheated pizza, god tier, I sometimes order hours in advance just so I can reheat for dinner.
Okay then my next question, how do you all reheat it to make it amazing because maybe I'm not doing it right? I've tried in a toaster over, regular oven, and even on the stove and I can't get it anywhere close to as good as fresh. So naturally I've decided that cold is preferred because I love it that way too.

RaZoR No1

Reheat it using a pan and water.
Crusty bottom and the rest will be soft / like fresh made.

Otherwise use just Aioli with cold Pizza. Tastes awesome too
cute anime GIF

Cohetedor

I love me some cold pizza, but it needs either cold ranch dressing or warm garlic butter sauce for dipping. Having some in about half an hour for lunch here at work actually.

diunxx

Okay then my next question, how do you all reheat it to make it amazing because maybe I'm not doing it right? I've tried in a toaster over, regular oven, and even on the stove and I can't get it anywhere close to as good as fresh. So naturally I've decided that cold is preferred because I love it that way too.
Toaster oven, cheese melts, bottom gets firm and crispy, crust gets toasty, delicious.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Best next day pizza is heated in a hot skillet. Just to crisp the crust. If the cheese isn’t melting fast enough, use a torch to heat the cheese and toppings. Often this is better than fresh pizza. You’re welcome.

Eating cold pizza is only acceptable if you’re under 25, drunk/high, or having an especially lazy day.

it depends on the pizza, honestly. But for the most part... I can get behind cold pizza, and a number of other cold stuff

Now... a refrigerated Chick-fil-a sandwich? that's masterclass cold food

ChazAshley

Gold Member
Don't listen to the haters OP - cold pizza is awesome - and I was honestly thinking of starting up a cold pizza business near a college campus here -

Scotty W

I recall as a young man hearing about the mythical cold pizza. So I got some delivery, and intentionally not finishing it, left it on the counter for 2 days. I was deeply disappointed when it got moldy and I had to throw it away.

I mean taste is subjective but what do you see in cold pizza? I mean overnight counter pizza's barely ok, but refrigerated? Cheese is brittle, bread is hard, whole flavor profile is reduced...
Air fryer that shit.
Cleanest, easiest, and second tastiest way. Get yourself one of these. Remember to freeze it first.

Ironbunny

Vomit Barf GIF

Its ok if you actually warm it up in an actual oven but I cant stand cold pizza.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'

I've been doing the pan and steam method for years. Works great, just takes a while.

When I am in a hurry it goes into the toaster oven.

I used to do this with hot dogs when I was a child. I would just eat the hot dog straight out of the fridge.

But yeah, I get what you mean. Swiss cheese is best not heated up. I get these ones from Costco:

7YHKIyY.jpg

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My dog, you ever tried pizza eggs?

Chop a leftover slice or two into some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Been a while since I've done this but it's the bomb when you're hungover.

Kadin

My dog, you ever tried pizza eggs?

Chop a leftover slice or two into some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Been a while since I've done this but it's the bomb when you're hungover.
I can't say I've ever heard about this but I won't lie, that does sound pretty good. Got a couple slices ready to go today, gonna give this a try.

• Strength
Reactions: AV

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Disgusting.

Now reheated pizza, god tier, I sometimes order hours in advance just so I can reheat for dinner.

Moderately hyperbolic but yes. Reheating cooled off slices in a frying pan is god tier. Just like freshly made soup pasta and other dishes taste better the next day. Facts.

Ask Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT our resident home made pizza wizard <3

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Smelly and moldy?

Don't know where you been getting pizza from, but yeah, that does sound fucking disgusting.
coagulated milk bro. It all smells funky. I can't stand the taste / texture / smell of it.

The cheese in the USA is all super processed too, barely even real cheese... huge health destroyer.

Top Bottom