• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why is wok culture a taboo topic here…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesb

So I had a thread where I was discussing if political decisions in videogames such as sweet baby inc would affect your purchasing decision in the future. That thread was locked. No reason given, nothing, just locked with no explanation.

So what, are we wok here now too? We can’t even discuss a glaring problem poisoning the videogame industry. I can’t discuss how ign and other pieces of trash in the industry are hell bent on destroying those that go against them?

Here’s my locked thread btw.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Crash Bandicoot Cooking GIF

YCoCg

Gold Member
No Politics Discussion on the forum, and sadly most "woke" threads end up turning into just that so the threads get closed the moment posts start to get heated about politics.

IAmRei

Wok? Heated conversation maybe?

Edit: ah, thats "wok"... I see what you mean

Last edited:

Humdinger

The forum doesn't allow political discussion. Asking about "woke" politics in a general way is just too political. Discussion of "woke" stuff is allowed when it's specific to videogames (e.g., in the SBI thread), but I think the mods want to minimize its spread beyond that.

But I just figured we aren’t woke like that purple place. Why can’t we discuss a very important topic.

We can. In addition to the SBI thread, the subject gets brought up in a lot of specific game threads. For instance, it's being discussed in the Dragon Age Veilguard threads. It gets brought up in the Fable threads, too. In the past, there was a lot of talk about it in Spider Man 2 threads.

In fact, plenty of people complain that there is too much talk about "woke" on GAF. There was a recent thread complaining about just that - and it got locked, too.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It’s far better to avoid woke, republican, democratic, etc etc nonsense.

You have one million places to discuss this nonstop trash trying to separate people to keep pushing them versus us narratives.

Keep GAF focused on fun and entertainment conversation. It’s what makes it my favorite website.

I can call someone a retard because they think lords of the fallen is a good game, and here it’s totally chill.

Last edited:

Jesb

Mods go ahead and lock this up. I’m not looking to rustle anyone about this. I wasn’t aware that there’s no political discussion allowed on here no questions asked.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Mods go ahead and lock this up. I’m not looking to rustle anyone about this. I wasn’t aware that there’s no political discussion allowed on here no questions asked.
At first it seems constrained but then you realize how liberating it is not having to discuss or worry about that shit at all.

It makes this place become even more of an escape than most corners of the internet.

Its not taboo its comon sense. Why would you want to waste your time talking about some BS that only ends in arguments. Since when is "woke" ever a good thing that it requires discussion. We are better than that, no need to talk about it. Stop giving voice to the minority haters.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Its not taboo its comon sense. Why would you want to waste your time talking about some BS that only ends in arguments. Since when is "woke" ever a good thing that it requires discussion. We are better than that, no need to talk about it.
Wrong thread mate, this is all about wok's.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
That "E" key broken?

It can be a topic that gets out of hand with some. But typically, if a thread is closed because of said topic, you probably shouldn't make another thread about said topic. 🤷‍♂️

Also woks are tight, gimme dat fried rice.

Last edited:

Jesb

At first it seems constrained but then you realize how liberating it is not having to discuss or worry about that shit at all.

It makes this place become even more of an escape than most corners of the internet.
Yeah I guess it’s just nipping it in the bud so to speak so just avoid it completely. I just think we should have an outlet here where we can discuss these awful people but there’s plenty places to go for that I guess.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Historical events are taking place across cities, tools are getting advanced, and mobs follow along.

the great indoors roland GIF by CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom