• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why the hell didn't anybody tell me calzones were so good?

Kadayi

Banned
Cornish pastie?

Proper Cornish Pasties are dope.

Back when I studied [REDACTED] at [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] there was a pastie bakery just below the flats where we were living that cooked for a lot of the local shops, but they would sell you pasties straight from the oven if you caught them at the right time. These things were so enormous the ends would overlap the side of a dinner plate. lunch and dinner sorted for a couple of quid. Good times. Don't often get down to Cornwall all that much these days but always make sure to indulge in some heaven when I do. Good times.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Proper Cornish Pasties are dope.

Back when I studied [REDACTED] at [REDACTED] in [REDACTED] there was a pastie bakery just below the flats where we were living that cooked for a lot of the local shops, but they would sell you pasties straight from the oven if you caught them at the right time. These things were so enormous the ends would overlap the side of a dinner plate. lunch and dinner sorted for a couple of quid. Good times. Don't often get down to Cornwall all that much these days but always make sure to indulge in some heaven when I do. Good times.

Yes. Like anything when done well Pasties are flipping amazing. Of course when done bad. Nah. Some claggy pastry in your mouth and horrible under cooked potatoes. No thanks.

A great Pastie is amazing.

But this thread is about Calzones and a well done calzone is amazing also.

Hell yeah.

mcz117chief

Calzone is great, whenever I am in Italy I get at least one per visit.

Want to know what looks hideous but is actually amazing? Pizza Americana, a salami pizza with French fries and sausages. I bought it once as a dare and now I get it every once in a while.

Top Bottom