• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WILD HEARTS ‘Tame a World Gone Wild’ cinematic trailer released

Draugoth

Gold Member
Publisher Electronic Arts and Koei Tecmo developer Omega Force have released a new cinematic trailer for WILD HEARTS dubbed “Tame a World Gone Wild.”

The trailer offers a closer look at the hunters’ battle against the Kemono, such as the volcanic-bodied Lavaback. Players must learn to adapt the ancient Karakuri mechanism to their environment in order to traverse the land and defend Azuma from the Kemono.

Lunarorbit

Like the stylized look at the characters. I've only used umbrellas as weapons in yakuza and various beat em ups. Looks neat

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
What kind of game is this? Live service? GAAS? Multiplayer only.
If so....it will be shut down by the end of the year.

Holammer

Game looks a bit too weird for me with the setting and mechanical stuff.
To the point where I wonder if it'll hurt sales, where are the waifus?

GymWolf

You're right we do, but I'm more than happy to give another monster hunter like game a go, nothing wrong with more of a good thing :)
I tried alternative mh games and i last like an hour or so...

Repeating boss fights over and over to craft armours and weapons is not exactly my idea of having fun, but monster hunter (world) somehow manage to make me lose hundreds of hours on it, any little change to that perfect formula and the magic disappear all of a sudden, not sure if it make sense...

Hell, i didn't even liked rise that much compared to world that was my first mh game...

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I tried alternative mh games and i last like an hour or so...

Repeating boss fights over and over to craft armours and weapons is not exactly my idea of having fun, but monster hunter (world) somehow manage to make me lose hundreds of hours on it, any little change to that perfect formula and the magic disappear all of a sudden, not sure if it make sense...

Hell, i didn't even liked rise that much compared to world that was my first mh game...
Oh really? I love rise!
I love both world and rise, they both do some things better or worst than each other.
World is the visually more appealing game, but I like a lot of rises QOL features.
My first mh games were the psp ones, what are really really rough now 😂

GymWolf

Oh really? I love rise!
I love both world and rise, they both do some things better or worst than each other.
World is the visually more appealing game, but I like a lot of rises QOL features.
My first mh games were the psp ones, what are really really rough now 😂
Rise felt like a mobile, more arcadey version of world, i have like 1000 hours on world and like 34 on rise maybe?

anthony2690

Banned
Rise felt like a mobile, more arcadey version of world, i have like 1000 hours on world and like 34 on rise maybe?
I think because the visuals are not as good due to being a switch game primarily doesn't help.

But I really like the silk skills, and not having to look for monsters at the start of events.

It feels a little more streamlined I guess?

Plus I like the palemutes.

Plus I'm not seeing the mobile game comparison myself, it doesn't constantly hassle me to buy different currencies :p

But if you enjoy world more that's cool, it's an incredible game 💪

GymWolf

I think because the visuals are not as good due to being a switch game primarily doesn't help.

But I really like the silk skills, and not having to look for monsters at the start of events.

It feels a little more streamlined I guess?

Plus I like the palemutes.

Plus I'm not seeing the mobile game comparison myself, it doesn't constantly hassle me to buy different currencies :p

But if you enjoy world more that's cool, it's an incredible game 💪
Graphics are my last problem, but i don't want to start a rise vs world discussion here.

GymWolf

If you have game pass ultimate or ea play you can play a 10 hour trial on the 13th Feb.

^^^^ I think 10 hours will help you decide if you like wild hearts or not, hopefully it's another game you enjoy as much as world 💪
I'm probably gonna try it when it's gonna be free on epic store or ps plus, i can already tell that i don't like it at all, too much good stuff coming out now to waste time and money on something like this personally but the more mh type of games the better, capcom need someone trying to eat their lunch to not stay complacent.

Last edited:

Coconutt

Haven't really heard any new updates for this game which is worrying since it's coming out within the week. A Monster Hunter competitor with real money put behind it would be nice but this does not seem to be it.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Already getting Wanted: Dead I can't pay out for two Japanese games in need this month. Got a friend who is gonna pick it up and if it's actually fire then I'll jump in.

Kadve

What kind of game is this? Live service? GAAS? Multiplayer only.
If so....it will be shut down by the end of the year.
Monster hunter.
Sounds more like Evolve based on the steam page. Or at least a fusion between Evolve and Monster Hunter.
WILD HEARTS™ is a unique twist on the hunting genre, where technology gives you a fighting chance against fearsome beasts infused with the ferocious power of nature itself. Take on these creatures alone or hunt with friends in seamless co-op.

Last edited:
Top Bottom