• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 be delayed again?

Rikoi

That would be stupid imo. At least not for that reason.
What are they going to do? Delay the game to don't compete with any major release?
Will they delay the game to the next year so they don't compete with the PS5 sales?

Abear21

Banned
I don’t think it will get delayed again. I have no info to support this, just my gut.

Hearing about features getting axed leads me to believe they finally settled on what is and what is not going to be in the game.

I actually wish they would just delay until it’s absolutely the game they want to make. I don’t think fans would take another delay well, which shouldn’t factor into CDPR decision, but I think it is, and that worries me a little.

While I’m sure the game will be amazing, devs should take all the time they need and fans can wait, it’s ALWAYS worth the wait when a dev delays.

One of those two games will surely get delayed. There's no way they'll launch so close. I'm betting it's gonna be AC valhalla.

nyr88nyg

Banned
If they want to lose a ton of money before the holidays, go for it. I don’t see why they would do that.

Rikoi

The only reason why they might fear to release on the same week as AC valhalla is because they think their game is not good enough in the current state.
But that would be an issue with the game itself, and being released on the same week of AC valhalla wouldn't change much.

Last edited:
Both will come out on the dates announced and both games will sell just fine. There's always room for more than one big game at the end of the year. I think AC Valhalla will sell more since it's a more mainstream franchise, known to consumers.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
nothing would surprise me at this point. I swear i thought they said it was done once already
It's been content complete since like early 2020, so this has all been bug testing and balance, but I imagine that's a pretty big task in a game like that.

Still, I don't anticipate further delays because it's probably already broadly releasable by most company's standards.

MrS

Banned
I do believe it will be but not because of that dogshit-tier Assassin's Creed game. Just more polish and ironing out the bugs because the game is so big.

Last edited:
Valhalla probably factors in since AC games sell pretty damn good...but I also think the fall release window they're now sitting in is a little stuffed. The release date they had for September would have been dope since it'd be competing with Mafia and all of the yearly sports titles IMO......

Plus I'm biased and wanted that September date cause it was the week of my bday LOL

Rumours going around it might be delayed again because of Assassin's creed Valhalla.

What do you think?

If it is delayed how will it affect you or any plans you may have had?

Do you have a source for those rumours?

It's already been delayed three times, so a fourth delay can't be ruled out by laymen. The thing is another delay wouldn't just be like the rest. It would put release firmly into 2021, way after next-gen console launch and potentially rob them of that sweet double-dippers' cash, those who just won't wait and will get a XSX or PS5 for Christmas. It would also undermine some of their credibility.

I wouldn't deem AC a direct threat to CP2077's sales, but I could be wrong.

But, ultimately, if it's for the greater good, they should delay it. No one is in a better position to make that call. However, if it does happen, they might need to revaluate their production system. Just the other day former Sony higher-up Shawn Layden was remarking on how AAA game production is supposedly unsustainable in the long run.

Taking 8 years to finish each title would possibly prove Shawn right.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Considering the amount of delays the game has had, I doubt they'll have anymore. Unless it's for an "emergency", but at this point 2077 has nothing to be worried about. It's Valhalla that should be concerned IMO. The preview response to 2077 was very positive, Valhalla's not so much.

Bkdk

Banned
No way cyberpunk will change their release date for any game. AC:V might wanna release it earlier In September or early October due to no chance of it being better than cp2077.

Katajx

Their launch dates are fine being that close because I’m sure they will both benefit sneaking in right before the big Black Friday spending. Planning on both.
I want to drop the money on PS5 already so I can start picking games and accessories in that window.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I just want it to be great and polished and I don't care how much it's pushed to get us there. Zero interest in Valhalla after the last showing

CuNi

TBH CP is really having a rough time.
The Gameplay trailer last time already looked very unpolished and the game actually didn't look as good as I was expecting.
I feel like honestly, CDPR took on more than they can handle this time.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
No metro and no car customization is a real let down. Adding this to the wall run and the apartment customization. I would like the game to be delayed to implement those.
CDPR is in rampage mode, but not in the good way

tenor.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed again and in one way, I want it to be because if it releases in 2021 with the full next gen versions, I'll easily prefer that since im going to wait for that anyway. Either way, it won't be played until 2021 plus with anywhere from 5-12 games at launch for Xbox Series X, I wouldn't mind one or two games being delayed to 2021 especially since I believe 2021 will be very slow ala 2014 and see a lot of games get pushed into 2022. Regardless of when it comes out, it's a day one digital purchase for Xbox Series X and will wait for next gen upgrade greatness.

Stuart360

I just feel like it must be a struggle and a half to get this game running on XB1 and PS4. I'd rather they delay it and take whatever time is needed to optimize the game for base console, than downgrade the game Witcher 3 style.

Popura

Neo Member
There is a very real possibility that it gets delayed again. The communication regarding the most recent delay was half-assed and near unapologetic; they know they can get away with delaying it for as long as they want to.

Mhmmm 2077

Valhalla is just another soulless game from the ubisoft game factory.

edit: to answer the question: if it's gonna be delayed (which I doubt it will), it will be to make the game up to CDPR standards, not because they are afraid of "Climb The Tower: Franchise 4 Part 11".

Last edited:

microtubule

I don’t think it will get delayed again. I have no info to support this, just my gut.

Hearing about features getting axed leads me to believe they finally settled on what is and what is not going to be in the game.

I actually wish they would just delay until it’s absolutely the game they want to make. I don’t think fans would take another delay well, which shouldn’t factor into CDPR decision, but I think it is, and that worries me a little.

While I’m sure the game will be amazing, devs should take all the time they need and fans can wait, it’s ALWAYS worth the wait when a dev delays.

I agree about Cyberpunk.

I think the chances are higher that AC:V is delayed. If not it would be wise for UBI to release a more polished gameplay video well before November.

zcaa0g

Banned
Outside of open world, they are very different games. Going to play both and hopefully enjoy both.

I'm still weary of CDPR executing driving and shooting mechanics though and that can hurt a game real quick in many cases. I can't say all because the shooting mechanics in the first Deus Ex was terrible, but still my favorite game of all time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hope they do whatever it takes to make it an amazing game. I’m sure development has been weird this year with COVID going on.

Sorry guys..they are delaying it as they want to incorporate some extra genitalia

They will be adding in Red Rockets / Horse Vaginas and Apache Attack Helicopter penises

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
No metro and no car customization is a real let down. Adding this to the wall run and the apartment customization. I would like the game to be delayed to implement those.
CDPR is in rampage mode, but not in the good way

tenor.gif
No apartment customizations and no metro? WTF? That's like half the reason I wanted this game. It's sounding more and more like your average FPS shooter. :/

Top Bottom