• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windjammers 2 - Release Date Reveal Trailer

00_Zer0

I miss the old school 2d art style. Even though Streets of Rage 4 and Wonderboy: The Dragon's trap look good I'm getting bored with this kind of art style compared to the old school pixel art look.

yurinka

Loved the betas released until now, they nailed the gameplay, audio and online. But I don't like the new art style, I'd have implemented the original one using a low res pixel art style in a Sonic Mania or their TMNT way.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The wait is almost over! Windjammers 2 will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Game Pass & Xbox Game Pass for PC on January 20, 2022 for $19.99/19.99€!

In the meantime, meet the team behind the project and learn how we created the unexpected sequel of the most incredible flying disc game! We have worked closely with the developers of Windjammers and as the French gaming community to provide you with the best possible experience.

Renoir

finally here... been waiting for this for a while. Been having so much playing the OG with my son.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Windjammers 2 reviewed by Travis Northup on Nintendo Switch. Also available on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, and Stadia.

Windjammers 2 is a worthy sequel to a retro classic that manages to improve upon the highly competitive arena with new characters, levels, and abilities that make this fighting game version of Pong incredibly addictive. It lacks some key features like a spectator mode or any kind of tutorial to walk new players through all the complexities of combat and makes a limp attempt at telling a story about its characters, but it's so much fun to play that it's easy to forgive those whiffs.

I’ve been playing a lot of Windjammers on my MVS lately in the lead up to this and I’ve been playing 2 all morning. Despite my hesitation to all the prerelease material, I really think they nailed it. It’s a gorgeous game. Visually there’s a lot of polish, the soundtrack is perfect, and the gameplay feels right.

Goodbye free time, hello carpal tunnel arm brace.

drganon

I'll probably pick this up eventually. I've played the crap out of the ps4 port of the original they released a few years back.

drganon

Well I got it and to be honest, I'm disappointed. The new gimmick moves and courts are annoying and the ai is bullshit. Just stick to the original.

Top Bottom