• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Pure gamma pack 3 is out

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wtf? i didn't even know it was coming soon. it's on the wipeout page.

http://www.wipeoutpure.com/

Gamma Pack 3 brings you the agile van uber craft to add to your collection, returning to the track for the first time since the days of the f9000 league. You could put the van uber to good use right away by taking it for a tour of the high altitude sebenco peak circuit, a breathtaking, technical track set into the snowy summit of mount sebenco. Last, but not least, is the feisar team skin, bringing the colors of one of the most historic teams in anti-gravity racing to your Wipeout Pure menus.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WTF I can only see GPs 1 and 2 via the PSP.

Edit: Oh well, it seems content is not yet available from the website either.

aoi tsuki

i was extremely broke and ended up selling WOP yesterday. :(

i was hoping they'd alternate track/skin/ship downloads with music downloads. Racing to the same tunes is getting tired.

new ship rox, new track only has two parts where its all twisty turvey, the download is cool but last gamma pack was better. Still, support like this after release for a handheld title = aces in my book.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
twisty part is gonna be a bitch on phantom class, argh

also, there's TWO new tournmanets. Gamma and Descension. if Descension is what i think it is...this is gonna be a bitch to completel 100%

descension = 12 track tournmanet

XD

Yeah ive only unlocked up to flash so far, tried the new track on flash and the sharp turns after straight aways here nailing me cause of the angle n such, its very deceptive in that it looks like no problem. Also played some more ZONE.

I love wipeout PURE !!!

Zeo

Banned
This game is so good. Only thing not keeping my PSP dusty, seriously.

As long as they keep putting this stuff out, I'll never get bored with it.

A lot of people like ridge racer over it, or pan the game as blah, but I think its the second best game on PSP. HSG Open Tee being the best, Darkstalkers being my third favorite. I anticipate Twelve and Tenchu and GTA, and the other REBEL COP game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
aw yeah i just beat all 5 classes on the new track on single race. i'm so awesome at this game

i'll tackle the time trials tomorrow

wipeout rox

ridge racer rox too but it doesnt have DLC!

Zeo

Banned
Once you get the Zone vehicle, it's all over. You can smoke every stage. (Of course Phantom is still a BITCH.)

EDIT: Holy shit, you can do Gamma in the tournaments now! Plus there's a 6th tournament called Descension that has all the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma tracks together! AWESOME.

Best handheld racer EVER.

That was the last Gamma pack guys. I didn't read the above post and found the tounaments. I think I really had a big smile on my face.

Andy787

Banned
Woo, I just downloaded all three packs for the first time. Haven't played Wipeout in a while, but I'm about to finish Untold Legends, so I'm going to get back into Wipeout after this. Wipeout rox.

WHERE IS IT?!
WHERE IS IT IT WONT DOWNLOAD!
ITS DOWNLOADING IM SO AWESOME1

I LOVE WIPEOUT PURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, excellent.
OH SHIT ITS DOWNLOADING
NEW SHIP NEW MAP AWESOME!
I love wipeout PURE !!!
wipeout rox
Best handheld racer EVER.
WIPEOUT YOU BITCHES FUCK YAHEA!

Shit... I'm a long time Wipeout fan and... You guys just convinced me to get a PSP.

BuddyC

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming you have to have Ascension beat to unlock the Gamma and Descension tournaments?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BuddyC said:
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'm assuming you have to have Ascension beat to unlock the Gamma and Descension tournaments?

Nope. You can play them righaway. Actually, there are no Gamma tournaments. You can only play Gamma tracks in every mode except Tournament (which sucks a bit IMO).

EDIT: *reads about "Descension"* - What?!? Where is it? Cant find it!

ah, I see. You gotta win each track in single race mode first.

Flo_Evans

ack... I need to get a biggie memory stick >_<

delete EMUs for more wipeout ships/tracks? thats a tough choice! Anybody got any good web deals on a 512 or 1gig?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Flo, I got a 1 gig for $90 last week or so, thanks to a buy.com deal someone posted here. Keep your eyes peeled - the 1 gig sticks are becoming more readily available now and the Sandisk brand should generally be hovering around $100 on average at the moment.

sammy

Woe the new car is very .... Pod-Racerish :) he takes corners faster than I've ever seen in a WipeOut I dig!

gotta play on a higher class to get an idea of how fast he is, but the new track is good clean fun.

I hope for another 2-track download like last months ---- that kept me busy for a while

Jim

Sony just officially announced its release, and sent some screens and information for it:
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/7/13-31

This is the last of the Gamma Packs, BTW, and the 1st of the Classic Packs are scheduled to be released on August 1st!

2.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
man, the decension tournamnet is bullshit. yeah it's 12 tracks, but it doesn't make it any harder. as long as you do good on most of the tracks, you can get 3rd place or worse on a couple and still get 1st place. and the tournament takes like 30 minutes to complete!

august 1st for next pack? they're pumping them pretty quick

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ignatz Mouse said:
How many Classic Packs will there be? 3?

i assume so. there's also another pack coming out, the Wire05 pack. only available from the Wire05 concert in Japan. someone better download it and distribute it online. and i hope it's compatible with the US version or i'll be pissed

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wario64 said:
i assume so. there's also another pack coming out, the Wire05 pack. only available from the Wire05 concert in Japan. someone better download it and distribute it online. and i hope it's compatible with the US version or i'll be pissed

I think u will be pissed.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
just beat the entire pack

194 golds total

last Gamma track is good, some twisty turns. Ubermall is still my fav. from the Gamma packs. good tracks overall though. they weren't half-assed or anything. i haven't even tried the new ships, so not too sure about those. Zone team all the way. new skin is nice too (light-blue color). i give this pack a B+

this game will be shelved till August 1st :p

Top Bottom