• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Creed Fan #1

Yeah we both got heavily screwed by the tag gods :-/, well i am from Essex so i cant complain too much.

Someone the other day was talking about using a wireless bridge, but i have no idea if thats cheaper or if it will work.

Phoenix

The PS2/XBox modem has an RJ45 standard connector. You can plug that into any wireless router/bridge you can find. The router connects to the internet and passes the traffic from your console to the internet the same way it would for any PC. When you're shopping about, you can pick up just about any router/bridge that you'd use for a PC. The only time you'd need a bridge is if you need to span a further distance than your current network can handle. The bridge could then act as a repeater to give you extra distance or signal strength.

I have my Xbox and PS2 plugged into a Netgear router and it works just fine.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Cool, finally someone who has used it, when i have the cash im definitely gonna get one, does it only have 1 ethernet port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom