• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 4 Is Not "Witcher 3 In New Clothing," Dev Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-witcher-new-saga-1-1024x576-1.webp

As part of CD Projekt's latest earnings briefing, joint-CEO Michał Nowakowski said The Witcher 4 is not going to be "The Witcher 3 in new clothing." It aims to break new ground and stand apart from the games that came before it.

"When it comes to the risks of innovative elements--making a new game is always a creative risk, especially since we're trying to push new boundaries and explore new fields; that's something we haven't actually done before. This is a pretty broad paintbrush stroke, for sure, but I cannot go into too much detail without actually talking about the game per se," he said. "I guess what I'm saying is that you should not be expecting 'The Witcher 3 in new clothing' of sorts."

Naturally, The Witcher 4 builds off The Witcher 3 and other games that came before it. But Nowakowski said The Witcher 4 will add "new gameplay elements and new mechanics that you have not see in our previous games."

"I'd say doing such things is always a risk; it's not just repeating what was done before,

" he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom