• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With AI-generated images you can make extremely (I'd even say perfectly) realistic NSFW photos of your favourite celebrities

Be honest, you want to make nsfw images of your celebrity crush

• Absolutely

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • No way (but yes really)

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Not at all (I'm just saying "no" to look normal but I actually want to)

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters

ReBurn

Gold Member
DdhsRtg.png

This is great. Very realistic.

E-Cat

I saw a headline that said faked voice recordings of politicians was a series risk to democracy, in a couple of years time there will be entirely undetectable audio and video of anyone saying and doing anything that someone wants to create for any reason.

I don't see how this won't be used nefariously by some at some point, if not already.
Think your conclusion through. By the time it gets so good that no one can tell the difference, no clip can be considered "reliable" by definition. In other words, no one will in principle be able to say or do anything on audio/video that will be incriminating.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Think your conclusion through. By the time it gets so good that no one can tell the difference, no clip can be considered "reliable" by definition. In other words, no one will in principle be able to say or do anything on audio/video that will be incriminating.
Tbh, it's already that good.

Jayjayhd34

I don't agree if we can create tech like this then they will create tech so we know what's real not real.

It could liturally start wars tech like this it's too dangerous

Its actually been covered in ncis la and this show called capture on bbc one and few more shows that can't remember the name of it they really show implications such tech.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I would say we're entering the transition period now,

This subject gained attention recently after Tom Hanks recently had to defend himself when a dental company used an AI-generated voice and image of him without his permission. Our survey results revealed that fewer than 2% of respondents were able to successfully identify the “real” voices in our experiment, with 98% being fooled by an AI-generated voice.

E-Cat

Voice is getting there, video not so much. But I expect extremely rapid advances there over the next couple of years.

Edit: This appears to be a frame from the video cited:

It looks instantly fake to me, even without motion. But I suspect I'm less susceptible than the average person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom