• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With Nintendo suing Yuzu does this prevent a Switch 2 emulator being made

Kataploom

Gold Member
Did Sony suing Bleem! prevent PCSX2 from happening?
I think the difference is pcsx2 started to be playable like 3 years or so before PS4 came out and even then most people wouldn't be able to do so, 6 gen consoles took their precious time I remember... So they didn't even care about sales

The only way to know the answer would be to be psychic or predict the future.

Never before has a console not eventually been emulated. Switch 2 will be no different. Eventually

LordOfChaos

No, but I doubt Switch 2 will be so incredibly easy to hack and emulate. You could hack the OG switch like 1 year after release with a paperclip.

People expected the same after the Wii and Wii U were able to be hacked and emulated with a paperclip

They seem a strange mix of both putting way weaker security than other consoles in but also being the most sue happy

The Wii U still didn't even use per-game copy keys, just one key per title, Wii U USB Helper and anything like it were downloading directly from Nintendo

Last edited:
Top Bottom