• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you like to know people that report your post?

Fuz

Banned
If you could get the knowledge as to who reported you to the mods on the GAF, would you want to know?

Should we implement a system where the mods inform the reportee of who reported and why if the report was rejected by the MOD team?

I think people would click it less if it wasn't anonymous. Also feel free to confess your reporting sins.

I only think I have reported one person and I have no idea what it was about.
Ok, how many of us reported this post?

No one. It derives from a PM a fellow gaffer sent me.
I think we should all know who the secret messenger is? Relinquish this burden from upon your shoulders.

aOG8XoM.gif

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
No, not really. Leave to the mods to sort.

How do you know if you have been reported? Does it message you in someway?

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Any reporting system that isn't anonymous will lead to retaliation and bullying. Bad idea.

-Minsc-

Whistleblower protection exists for a reason so I say no. Of course I understand that some people would report for stupid reasons and believe reporting will always work out in their own favour.

As for me, I don't remember reporting anyone on Gaf. If I did it was so long ago and not for something worth reporting/remembering.

Kamina

Golden Boy
How do i even know if a post of mine was reported, other than through a potential mod action?

Rayderism

I don't think knowing who reported you would do anything but cause animosity. But it would be OK to know what the complaint was against you. Maybe it's already that way, I don't know. Never been reported for anything as far as I know.

Top Bottom