• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

A lot of what makes those moves fall flat, specifically the 616, Hogan's Leg Drop, and the People's Elbow, was the use of the default run animation. Both Rey's and Hogan's bounce off the rope felt super satisfying.

Yaari

Anything that looks like something I would be able to make, is complete shit. I always hated Yukes menu design in the Undisputed games, looks like they still suck at it.

How is it possible that they made the Hogan leg drop completely inaccurate? There is no excuse in screwing up the signature finisher of one of the most famous wrestlers in the world.

What's funny is that the comeback version of the legdrop doesn't actually look that bad.

Rapstah

Overall stats are different in the video than in the 360/PS3 version. Cesaro is a 93, which I actually believe is up from the 92 he had at Gamescom. Someone at Yuke's really likes him.

The roll animation is still there though.

I would have taken that thing out years ago. It's embarrassing.

I can see what they did with commentary but it just sounds so stiff now.

Rapstah

One of the new voice clips is King remembering Cena's match against JBL at Judgment Day 2005 as the most entertaining Cena match he can remember as Cole laughs. Sure, that was a good match, but do they really want to mention it nowadays? That's Cena's bloodiest match.

Every time I go back and watch the video I see that roll and think "No Diva CAW, for this?"

MyCareer and CAW vids up.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxWypy81laoaOKJOhKiV2Zw

That CAW vid is 24 minutes. Damn. Probably not going to be able to watch it all at work.

More than 13 hair styles... not much more.

The CAW he's using seems specific to MyCareer. I don't know if you have to create a separate CAW for it?

I have to say I like the layout for CAW this year. The content is a little skimpy though. I was expecting that.

Hopefully importing your own logos will be a decent enough feature.

Edit: I noticed the character select screen has something called "Background Matchmaking" turned off. Anyone know what that might be? It's on the main menus as well.

Hasney

I have to say I like the layout for CAW this year. The content is a little skimpy though. I was expecting that.

Hopefully importing your own logos will be a decent enough feature.

Edit: I noticed the character select screen has something called "Background Matchmaking" turned off. Anyone know what that might be? It's on the main menus as well.

I heard a rumbling about something that could be related to background matchmaking. You know how sports games pick your opponent based on your rivalry? Like in FIFA if you pick Liverpool you get Everton? It would just pick your opponent based on the current feud in the product.

If not, it could be picking characters for each player based on a win-loss record or something. If that's for offline, I can't imagine what else it could be.
The article 2k released mentioned that you can edit existing Divas.

Which means there's female CAW pieces. What in the actual fuck?

I was wondering how they were going to approach the Performance Center; looks like they went the "people go in and fight for real" route.

Apparently there will be a focus on match quality over winning. But yeah, they are still trying not to break kayfabe with the concept.

Striker

MyCareer's options are fairly limited at the start. I wonder if things unlock as you go. And sort of hoping things in normal CAW is larger.

Overall stats are different in the video than in the 360/PS3 version. Cesaro is a 93, which I actually believe is up from the 92 he had at Gamescom. Someone at Yuke's really likes him.
WWE does ratings. Differences in them is strange, though.

No mo-capped animation makes it into a game unedited. It's just a starting point. Yukes could always take that starting data and make it more impactful or even more individualized for different wrestlers if they wanted to.
2K is the one overseeing everything on PS4/XB1. It's their call to cut modes, which ones are being introduced, and listening to WWE about male-female violence, blood, etc.

Lrrr

I think the menu looks great, but I'm a fan of a streamlined UI. I hate cluttered menus so this is a major improvement to my eyes. My only problem is that Tag Team matches seemed to have been renamed to "4-man". o_O

I hate how Austin still doesn't have his vest nor does he have a minitron even though he has one.

I hope SCSA had his entrance attire edited by the uploader because there is simply no reason he shouldn't have his vest. After all these years, they still can get Austin right. His walk is off; his corner taunt to the crowd (upon entering the ring) is off and his stunner lacks impact. He's one of the top three wrestlers of all-time and they continuously get him wrong. :(

The commentary is just as bad as ever and the animations are the same. Obviously this is not a new engine - graphics or otherwise - and frankly, I expected the wrestlers to look far better than they do. I mean NBA 2K14 had to render 10 guys on court at once and it was a spectacular looking game. This just looks "meh" to be honest. It's just 2K14 in a slightly prettier package with less content, less features, less wrestlers and more DLC.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Less content; more DLC...for just $109.99

Always amazes me they try not to break kayfabe in the games, but are willing to do it every week.

To be fair, it doesn't fit with the gameplay. The gameplay treats it like a sports game, i.e. it's real, so why shouldn't the rest of the game?

If there was a "Press X to call tackle-dropdown" button, then maybe.

To be fair, it doesn't fit with the gameplay. The gameplay treats it like a sports game, i.e. it's real, so why shouldn't the rest of the game?

If there was a "Press X to call tackle-dropdown" button, then maybe.

I actually think the checklist system in recent years has done a great job of representing the performance aspect of wrestling. It isn't just about getting the win but doing specific spots at specific times to tell a story.

Top Bottom