• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K24 announce trailer

VulcanRaven

Release is on March 5:

I wonder if its too late to add CM Punk? I might buy it at some point if he is in the game. I skipped the last game. Graphics look the same.

Last edited:

nikos

I was obsessed with wrestling back in the day. I started watching it regularly again last year after a 20+ year hiatus.

2K23 is fun but I don't play it much for some reason. This trailer looks really good. If there's some kind of story mode for the wrestlers shown, that would be enough of a reason for me to play the game.

MiguelItUp

The last game was pretty neat, but something about it just didn't click with me, don't really know what it was. It looked great, it was better than the previous iterations as far as I know, but something just wasn't sticking even though I felt like I was in the mood for a wrestling game. Maybe I'll check this one out when it drops in price, but we'll see.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Is it just me or does Stone Cold's face look weird?

iNtlHtn.jpg

GladiusFrog

2k23 had many features that didn't work properly and never got a fix, But they sure as hell made sure to add content for the stupid card collecting mode.

tusharngf

Enjoyed 2k23 a lot. Does that mean fucking servers are going down for 2k23?

40years of wrestlemania? Is this for real?

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Amazes me how bad these games look after all this time. Especially when this is a carbon copy of 2K23 (and 2K22 by association).

Soodanim

I don't mind them going for realistic graphics if they want to put the work in to achieve it.
I don't mind them going for stylised graphics if they want to commit to something.
But what they do year after year is the bottom tier graphics that aren't as good as previous games on previous consoles. I have no plans to buy these overly monetised games, I just come to see how bad the trailer looks. This year looks like no exception to the pattern, unfortunately.

2k23 was surprisingly awesome, MyGM is an absolute killer mode, but I'd like to see it expanded even more, maybe even with some "what if" shit where you can change things around on classic seasons.
They should also allow you to add CaWs without having to start a new game, and also bring intergender back ffs, the toy deal with mattel fucked that up.

NickFire

2K22 was the last straw for me. There was a glitch that only let me see some people on friends list. To have a match with two people I'd have to invite the one I could see, and they'd have to invite the 3rd. Could not actually play with the one I could not see if just the two of us. Waited months for it to get fixed but it never did before I deleted the game. On top of that, they didn't have working tag entrances online. And setting up matches was a pain in itself.

Might go back someday if they release one that looks good and reviews well. Not seeing anything in the trailer to make me think this will be that year though.

TheShocker

Curious how the roster will stack up against previous years.

I have zero interest in the current day wrestlers. 2k23 seemed to have a good amount of 90s/2000s people. And it’s massively on sale right now on Xbox.

ManaByte

Has that been confirmed? They might just not want to advertise them as part of the roster.

I wish we would get the 2006 version of CM Punk too since he is part of the ECW pack.
It’s been confirmed. They aren’t playable. Brock might be in the storyline mode at some point but they’re not playable characters now.

DosGamer

This game is missing the goat for me... and I will still purchase it, but why is there no Nature Boy Rick Flair in the game? He should be under a legends contract at least????

ManaByte

This game is missing the goat for me... and I will still purchase it, but why is there no Nature Boy Rick Flair in the game? He should be under a legends contract at least????
He’s not under a legends contract. That Dark Side of the Ring episode killed that.

DosGamer

He’s not under a legends contract. That Dark Side of the Ring episode killed that.
I figured as much.. but Hogan made it back in.
Just once it would be nice to get a wrestling game with every wrestler. Its seems like every year there are a handful that I wish made the cut. Oh well, I am still going to pick it up as its been better the last couple of years.

ManaByte

I figured as much.. but Hogan made it back in.
Just once it would be nice to get a wrestling game with every wrestler. Its seems like every year there are a handful that I wish made the cut. Oh well, I am still going to pick it up as its been better the last couple of years.
Hogan didn’t do a propeller dick on an airplane to people.

nikos

I've only played WWE 2K23 for a few hours, so I'm not too experienced, but this game looks better for some reason.

One thing I really don't like about 23 is a lot of the wrestlers I like are already outdated, so the roster update alone would be worth it for me. Proper Judgement Day, Imperium, etc. plus Samantha Irvin as announcer.

The new modes also look pretty good and playing as a referee actually seems like fun.

Probably gonna end up getting it at launch.

Top Bottom