• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fans, DVD Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Well, I'm thinking I need to increase my wrestling DVD collection so I'm wondering what are some good ones to pick up, I will probably pick up the Benoit one when I get cash, and sooner or later expected to get the Cena one.

LakeEarth

Cena's been around for what, 2 years? I'm sure it's not filled with that much. I think the Benoit or Flair one would be the best choice.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Benoit, Flair, Shawn Michaels, WMXX (the extras rock), Stone Cold Truth, Unforgiven 2003 (mainly for a godly Benoit/Angle match and Eddy/Edge match), and Survivor Series 2002 for the first Elimination Chamber match along with a 4-star Noble/Kidman match.

Penguin

I guess it would be easier to post my collection, and then get recommendations.

WrestleMania XX
WWF Royal Rumble 2001
WrestleMania XIX
WWF Action
WWF Survivor Series 2001
WWF Judgment Day 2001
WWF Unforgiven 2001
WWF SummerSlam 2001
WWF SummerSlam 2000
WWE No Way Out 2004
The Ultimate Ric Flair Collection
WWF Rebellion 2001
Brock Lesnar: Here Comes the Pain
From the Vault: Shawn Michaels
WWF No Way Out 2002
WrestleMania X-Seven
Royal Rumble 2004
Hulk Still Rules

Prices listed are from Deep Discount DVD. If you're willing to wait they have a free shipping option, but it can take a few weeks.

Rey Misterio 619 - $14.99
WWE Bad Blood 2004 (Shawn/Triple H in a great Hell in a Cell match) - $13.47

*edited to remove titles you already own*

Syckx

Is there, or will there be, a Bret Hart DVD? That is really the only one I would be interested in.

bjork

They keep saying that there'll be a Bret dvd, but I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I nominate the Benoit DVD. I've been watching it recently and it's absolutely fantastic. The match with Regal at the Brian Pillman memorial should be enough to convince any wrestling fan. I'd been wanting to see it for years!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
bjork said:
They keep saying that there'll be a Bret dvd, but I don't think it's been officially announced yet.

Bret is meeting up with Shane to put the matches together. I won't expect it until late this year or early next year.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Brett DVD IS coming.. just later.

Also, if you want some older ones.. WM 3 is a must have (to this day, Macho Man vs Steamboat is probably my favorite match ever), as well as Summerslamm 2000, WM XVII and Summerslam 2001. IIRC those would be the TLC matches between the Dudleyz, the Hardyz and Christian/Edge. Those rocked so fucking much. If you only want one, the Wrestlemania TLC match is the second best, but the other matches are excellent.. top to bottom, probably the best wrestlemania (double check the year, it could have been 16).

to be honest, I stopped watching most wrestling for a period beginning around 97 or so and didnt pick it back up until early 2000-2001... I have a HUGE collection of old VHS tapes.. a local video chain had them all, and went out of buisness so I got a ton of them for about 30 bucks total.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Benoit DVD is killer. Some awesome matchs on this disc. Pegasus Kid vs. Jyushin Lyger, Wild Pegasus vs. Black Tiger (Benoit vs. EDDY!), Benoit vs. Sullivan, Benoit vs. Booker T in Best of out 7 series, Benoit vs. Angle...list goes on. Benoit vs. Hart in Owen Tribute match on Nitro...whew.

Must buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom