• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop: PS5 cash trade-in value $300/$330(digtal) $325/$357(disc) today.

Trade in for what!! (A Series X!?!?)

Heart Love GIF by Lil Jon

nikos

Same value today. Really considering it since I've been thinking about selling it anyway.

Last time I used it was for FFXVI and I didn't finish the game. I'm waiting to buy it again on PC. I somehow had the willpower to skip Rebirth and wait for the PC version. The only other exclusive I cared for was GT7 but I haven't touched it since launch. I have a sim rig and don't care to sit on the couch and play that.

I kept the console for exclusives but there really aren't any besides those. GTA VI is the only upcoming game I'd need a console for, at least at launch. I'd end up buying a PS5 Pro for that. If the Pro doesn't happen, the PS5 will be worth even less by the time the game releases and I'd end up buying another. Probably digital next time.

I don't think I'd be able to get more than $400 if I sold everything I had, which would be the console, DualSense Charging Station and the following games anyway.

Crash Bandicoot N' Sane Trilogy
Dirt 5
Godfall
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Judgment
Maneater
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Spider-Man Miles Morales

EDIT: Dirt 5 and Sackboy seem to have decent value.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My guy supposedly hasn't touched his ps5 but might buy the pro. It's nearly as bad you saying you aren't team green.

Trade in something he doesn't use, might get a Pro later if he finds a good deal / price drop.

If you think this means 'sony bad', y'all down bad.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Damn. With the Stellar Blade coming out.. half way on Rebirth.. ugh.. I don't know if I can sell right now.

Three

Apparently the XSX is $300 and XSS $175. Both are 10% more if you’re a Pro member
That is a really good offer, they are definitely not going to offer the same in November.
$330 cash trade in is an even better offer for a XSX considering they were going for $350 new months ago. Might be a good time to sell before they announce their new console soon (maybe June).

Last edited:

adamsapple

$330 cash trade in is an even better offer for a XSX considering they were going for $350 new months ago. Might be a good time to sell before they announce their new console soon (maybe June).

I did not make that first post 🤔

But considering there's not going to be a mid-gen Xbox, I don't see any reason to trade one in right now anyway.

adamsapple

Why not? If it's a 'new gen' xbox it makes the XSX even more redundant.

If it's releasing this November then sure, but at the earliest we can make a safe guess new Xbox hardware isn't coming until 2025/2026.

Leonidas

Just got $305 (Master-card) for my launch model digital PS5 ($330 minus $25 for Pro memership) after several years of use & dust collecting :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
My guy supposedly hasn't touched his ps5 but might buy the pro. It's nearly as bad you saying you aren't team green.
PS5 only turned into a dust magnet when my Extra sub ran out, since I refuse to buy "exclusive" games that will probably appear on PC in a few years, but I did play some of those games in the Extra sub, which I might also sign up for again if I do end up getting a PS5 Pro.

Last edited:

NEbeast

Just got $305 (Master-card) for my launch model digital PS5 ($330 minus $25 for Pro memership) after several years of use & dust collecting :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

PS5 only turned into a dust magnet when my Extra sub ran out, since I refuse to buy "exclusive" games that will probably appear on PC in a few years, but I did play some of those games in the Extra sub, which I might also sign up for again if I do end up getting a PS5 Pro.
I wish I knew what the fuck you were saying. Why would you buy a pro to play games you said you're waiting for/played on PC? Or , you're going to buy a pro to play games on "extra" when that is such a dumb fuco8ng statement. You're going to buy a £500 console to sub to a service to play games instead of buying them on PC, which would be cheaper!? Wtf are you smoking?

adamsapple

Sticking up for another warrior is nice of you. You have that line under your name for a reason. You're a grown ass man sucking off a corporation.

A grown ass man (I'm assuming) crying over someone trading their own console calling me a warrior is the most precious thing I've read all year :messenger_tears_of_joy:

nikos

I brought it in. I’m a Pro member and they gave me $330.28 because “reasons” so I lost $27. Had nothing to do with condition because it was pristine.

Think they still sell for less on the local market, so whatever.

Leonidas

I wish I knew what the fuck you were saying. Why would you buy a pro to play games you said you're waiting for/played on PC?
I wouldn't buy it to play those games.

I'd buy PS5 Pro for the following

-play disc games (something my PS5 couldn't do) if I had a disc drive I might buy a disc, so I can sell it in case the PC version arrives
-play PS4 games which I can't access without owning a PS4/PS5
-there is a chance that some game I'm interested in won't come to PC.
-play the best version of those games, if there is a game that doesn't come to PC
-play demos of games that might eventually launch on PC (like Stellar Blade)

I'm probably not buying Sony games on PC or console as long as I can sign up for PS+ Extra for a month and beat 4 of their story driven games in that time when they appear...
you're going to buy a pro to play games on "extra" when that is such a dumb fuco8ng statement.
I'd rather pay $10-$15 for a month of extra and beat 4 AAA single player Sony games than buy 4 Sony games on PC.

You're going to buy a £500 console to sub to a service to play games instead of buying them on PC, which would be cheaper!? Wtf are you smoking?
I'm not using it only for a subscription service, where did I say that? WTF are you smoking?

Last edited:

iHaunter

I'll just trade up to the Pro. I imagine it will be difficult to get. As the people still on the PS4 Pro were waiting for it to come out.

adamsapple

I brought it in. I’m a Pro member and they gave me $330.28 because “reasons” so I lost $27. Had nothing to do with condition because it was pristine.

Think they still sell for less on the local market, so whatever.

Yeah, they do that. I traded my PS4 pro to them and used that money to trade towards a PS5, they shafted $40 from the trade value the website promised because my DS4's right analog stick seemed buggy to them.

Last edited:
Why would you even get that if you never bought software for the console to begin with? Why even buy something not to use it?
I was literally thinking the same thing Shadowstar39, I’m now convinced that these companies are behind some of these rumors to market their upcoming retail products.

StereoVsn

Yeah, tempted to trade in both.

Edit: Scratch that. Forgot that NewBox probably won’t have a disk drive.

Last edited:

nikos

Yeah, they do that. I traded my PS4 pro to them and used that money to trade towards a PS5, they shafted $40 from the trade value the website promised because my DS4's right analog stick seemed buggy to them.

$40 seems like a lot for something like that.

The girl working told me it had nothing to do with the condition of anything, it's just a thing for the value to differ.

She did renew my Pro membership for free since it's expiring next month, which is worth $25. I don't really use the benefits though.

adamsapple

$40 seems like a lot for something like that.

The girl working told me it had nothing to do with the condition of anything, it's just a thing for the value to differ.

She did renew my Pro membership for free since it's expiring next month, which is worth $25. I don't really use the benefits though.

To be fair, there was notable stick drift on it :p

The problem is that people don't really buy this kinda thing over FB Marketplace (in my experience at least) so trading in is the best way, especially if you're getting something new from the same store.

Top Bottom