• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Moving to Netflix in Jan 2025

In a major shakeup, WWE has struck a deal with Netflix that will see its flagship weekly live pro wrestling show begin airing exclusively on the streaming giant beginning in January 2025. That will mark the first time in its three-decade history that “Raw” has not aired new episodes on a linear television network.

Under the deal, Netflix will become the exclusive home of “Raw” in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Latin America and other territories once the deal begins, with more countries and regions to be added over time. Netflix will also become the television home for all WWE shows outside the U.S. That includes fellow weekly shows “SmackDown” and “NXT” as well as annual live events like WrestleMania, SummerSlam and the Royal Rumble, as well as documentaries, original series and additional projects.

Link to Variety

Dang it, should have put "WWE Raw" in the title, not just WWE. Sounds like Peacock will still have the PLEs in the US?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

WWE Moving to Netflix in Jan 2025​

bill goldberg mic drop GIF by WWE

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Nice.

Gonna get back into WWE. Still watch A E Dub. But apparently WWE is better now VKM left

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I've never seen it before, is it worth it? I've heard from friends that the best times were in the 80s and 90s. And how much do you notice that it's all staged?

I've never seen it before, is it worth it? I've heard from friends that the best times were in the 80s and 90s. And how much do you notice that it's all staged?
I heard a podcast host refer to it as "ballet for men" recently, and honestly, that's probably the way to think about it. You're watching a performance, and you're looking to see how well they nail the performance (which means learning the 'rules' for the genre). And remember, there's the drama of the story as well as the physical demands of the moves they're doing during the matches. If you're thinking of it like a sporting match, you're not going to like it.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I heard a podcast host refer to it as "ballet for men" recently, and honestly, that's probably the way to think about it. You're watching a performance, and you're looking to see how well they nail the performance (which means learning the 'rules' for the genre). And remember, there's the drama of the story as well as the physical demands of the moves they're doing during the matches. If you're thinking of it like a sporting match, you're not going to like it.
sports entertainment

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not ballet for men. Redneck soap opera.

NickFire

I wonder if they will air ads during the broadcasts? I bet they will.
Feels guaranteed to me because I don't see how Netflix could justify 500 million a year without running ads.

Anyway, I knew they were negotiating the rights to Raw but wow, certainly did not expect Netflix. For me personally, this kind of sucks. I don't have Netflix anymore nor do I care to pay for it again. Even worse, I always DVR non-premium events. That let's me skip through all commercials, all filler content, all the stuff that bores me, and even parts of the matches I really want to see when I don't feel need to watch first few minutes of the match.

I'm sure they will make the shows available after they first air, but will it be same night? And either way, this will force commercials. The streams always play commercials you missed by fast-forwarding. Bummer for me.

Methos#1975

All the PPVs too. What a weird move.
Not that weird, they make more money streaming these PPV than they ever saw when they were P2C. That's why the WWE pursues these deals, they profit much more from selling rights to other companies than they ever did selling to consumers. Wrestling is no where near as popular as it was during the late 90s now but the WWE makes like 10x more profit than they ever did back then due to these deals.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
trish stratus wrestling GIF by WWE
trish stratus wwe GIF

Is trish stratus still in it?

My god she was hawwwwwt
She was back last year for a bit and did some matches. Said she may do some more with WWE in 2024. Yes, she still looks good. Really interested in seeing where they go with Netflix and the big events like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. The peacock deal is coming to an end isn't it?

14ZY3ad.png

Papa_Wisdom

She was back last year for a bit and did some matches. Said she may do some more with WWE in 2024. Yes, she still looks good. Really interested in seeing where they go with Netflix and the big events like Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. The peacock deal is coming to an end isn't it?
Jesus, might need to start watching. I was only messing round thinking she had long gone from it!

She’s still up there as a goat babe.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Watched a few wrestling podcasts about this potential deal several weeks ago.

WWE makes a lot of money from merch sales and Amazon will probably become one of their main distributors. This is a good deal because Amazon Prime owners can watch WWE content and get their merch with free-shipping. WWE/Wrestling documentaries are also popular, but I'm not sure if the deal includes the entire WWE library.

Methos#1975

Watched a few wrestling podcasts about this potential deal several weeks ago.

WWE makes a lot of money from merch sales and Amazon will probably become one of their main distributors. This is a good deal because Amazon Prime owners can watch WWE content and get their merch with free-shipping. WWE/Wrestling documentaries are also popular, but I'm not sure if the deal includes the entire WWE library.
It's Netflix that won

demigod

14ZY3ad.png
If you didn’t tell me this was Trish, I wouldn’t have guessed who she was. Did she have some facial surgery? Looks bad. Nice titties still.

bitbydeath

Time to get back into WWE then!

Start with a Royal Rumble, they’re always entertaining to watch.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
If you didn’t tell me this was Trish, I wouldn’t have guessed who she was. Did she have some facial surgery? Looks bad. Nice titties still.
She probably has had some work done over the years, but what I'm seeing is just what happens to women as they age with collagen production decrease causing that sunken or hollow look in their face where the cheek bones become more pronounced.

Top Bottom