• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' to be "grounded"

Link.

From Total Film..........Simon Kinberg says they must "find a way to ground [#XMenDarkPhoenix] so it's not too intergalactic." *cough*
DIXK9kEUwAA5S_g

This is the movie where Jessica Chastain is playing Shi'ar Empress Lilandra

dan2026

Bleh.

Is this why the X-men costumes are always so bland and boring.
What the fuck is Jean Grey even wearing there?
Black leather body armour?

I've never been less excited for an upcoming X-Men film.

Well, at least with this one out of the way, they're less likely to mine that crusty old Dark Phoenix story again.

caliph95

Because a story I want to ground it's the one with a giant space fire bird God possessing a superhero and an Alien Empire led by bird people with a legion of super heroes expies

Anung

Un Rama
Is this Phoenix going to end up being a cloud or something? Cause that's what happens when they try and ground stuff like this.

DonShula

Guys, we've already built the pyramids, destroyed half the planet, gone into the future, and gone back in time. Let's keep this grounded OK?

Ridley327

By grounded, I imagine they mean more along the lines of "no 40 minute-long CG nonsense like the final act of Apocalypse" and less like "Scott Buck is working on the script."

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
First chance to do intergalactic X-Men.

Kinberg: "We need to not do intergalactic X-Men."

Hope this franchise gets completely rebooted under competent people that don't hate the 60's-90's X-Men comic books in the next 5-10 years.

I'm not going to lie, these Fox movies have me basically hating the X-Men these days

We're so far away from when I was a kid and the X-Men cartoon, comics and video games were everything

The X-Men used to be the most diverse group and now it's the same 3/4 characters in every film

liquidtmd

Banned
I hate the word Grounded.

Let me guess-The Phoenix is like a virus that Jean catches?

No. The Phoenix is actually an Android / ios app in the movie that addicts the population.

The X-Men have to infiltrate and brutally murder the app store approvers and remove it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've never been less excited for an upcoming X-Men film

Same. Just way too many things here that don't excite me. The Jessica Chastain casting was the only thing that perked my ears up, but even that will probably be glossed over to highlight Lawrence and give Fassbender another redemption arc. ZZZZZ

Maybe Kinberg will surprise us. But I'm just not feeling this at all.

Every time a hear the word "grounded" in relation to a comic book movie/tv show, all I think is that it's going suck and that they will totally miss the point of the comic. Although, I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

shoelacer

Banned
Guys, we've already built the pyramids, destroyed half the planet, gone into the future, and gone back in time. Let's keep this grounded OK?

I forgot half that shit and this was still my first thought - isn't this a series about a guy who can control metal with his mind, and another guy who has crazy metal bones and retractable claws and superhealing, and yet another guy who can shoot frickin lazerbeams outta his damn eyes? What ground is there to stand on

Sulik2

Sigh, I want X-Men meets guardians of the galaxy. Go galactic, have some fun and get off the earth. Fox really has no idea what to do with the mainline series.

I'm still trying to get over my complete bafflement at how the team that did Days of Future Past could churn out middling, forgettable dreck like Apocalypse.

Like, come the fuck on.

I don't have it in me to try and comprehend what this will be.

Maybe they can get a pic of Jackman standing with two buxom ladies on a beach with a note saying "I'm done with you assholes!"

No. The Phoenix is actually an Android / ios app in the movie that addicts the population.

The X-Men have to infiltrate and brutally murder the app store approvers and remove it.

Beast was doing recon in the building before they laid him off.

Kayhan

X-Men: Apocalypse was such a stinking turd that people can't even be bothered to hate on it.

Unlike the DCEU movies which at least were better than that.

Top Bottom