• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Beta Kit picture ?

Xbox 360 Beta Kit - harddrive on production 360 will be smaller
xbox360.jpg

for comparison, the first known pic of a Playstation3 development kit
ps3devkit6aq.jpg

Kewk

Banned
lol what they really needed a pic of was the power supply for the xbox 360 beta kit. That thing is gynormous.

Barnimal

Banned
i guess the ps3s size is final then. geez. the design of both these consoles has really switched as far as size goes. that ps3 kit cant be final right?

offps34.jpg

sangreal

cool :)

I don't know pics of these things are so hard to come by. Sony's PSP devkit photos (and manual!) are publically available

sangreal

Barnimal said:
i guess the ps3s size is final then. geez. the design of both these consoles has really switched as far as size goes. that ps3 kit cant be final right?

offps34.jpg

I'm sure the PS3 size is final, but dev kits aren't really indicative of the final size. See: psp devkit vs psp

although, on further review the psp kit wasn't THAT much bigger than the real thing

Moose

Eh. I'll like my Mac 360.

WHITE POWER.

edit: I always ask this question for every system. OTHER CONTROLLER COLORS? White is slick, but I like variety.

sangreal

Moose said:
Eh. I'll like my Mac 360.

WHITE POWER.

edit: I always ask this question for every system. OTHER CONTROLLER COLORS? White is slick, but I like variety.

I'm sure 3rd party controllers will have an assortment of colors.

As for 1st party, didn't MS offer different colors for xbox1 eventually? I forget

midnightguy said:
Xbox 360 Beta Kit - harddrive on production 360 will be smaller
xbox360.jpg

for comparison, the first known pic of a Playstation3 development kit
ps3devkit6aq.jpg

Beta kits and development kits are two different things - a development kit is the tool used to create games, but a beta kit is merely a finished console chipset with the ability to play game code from all regions and run additional programs so that developers to test their games in a living room set-up.

element

Kid Chameleon said:
Beta kits and development kits are two different things - a development kit is the tool used to create games, but a beta kit is merely a finished console chipset with the ability to play game code from all regions and run additional programs so that developers to test their games in a living room set-up.
ummmm, no.

the beta kit IS the Xbox Development Kit. There isn't any other hardware MS sends out then that. Just like Sony sends out TOOL for PS2. Now there are 'debug' kits which is a limited version of a development kit, really only built for testing.

element said:
ummmm, no.

the beta kit IS the Xbox Development Kit. There isn't any other hardware MS sends out then that. Just like Sony sends out TOOL for PS2. Now there are 'debug' kits which is a limited version of a development kit, really only built for testing.

Leave me alone, I was confused! :lol

I've been used to using beta debug kits for Xbox1 and I somehow mannaged to ommit the 'debug' portion. Are you certain that this pic is a beta dev kit though? The final dev kits for Xbox1 looked like the standard console but were about twice as deep. The debug kits, on the other hand, were the same size.

Vince

Banned
element said:
ummmm, no.

Umm, I think what he's saying is that the current CELL platform isn't analogous to the PlayStation2 TOOL (or the XBox beta kit), rather it's like the intial EmotionEngine/Graphic Synthesizer boxes from '99, which were also large and utilitarian.

Striek

They should make a black model X360. Black gear always looks nicer imo.

Barnimal said:

offps34.jpg
050617b.gif

PS3 is slightly smaller than X360.
X360 = 309mm*258mm*83mm = ~6,616 cubic centermetres.
PS3 = 320mm*240mm*80mm = ~6,144 cubic centermetres.

PS3 appears larger because its convex whilst X360 is concave.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
sangreal said:
I'm sure 3rd party controllers will have an assortment of colors.

As for 1st party, didn't MS offer different colors for xbox1 eventually? I forget
3rd parties will not be allowed to make wireless controllers for X360 for a while initially, IIRC. They can make wired ones, but why bother?

And yes, MS did bring out green and blue 1st party controllers... took them a while, though. At least a year & a a half after release. But since they're pushing cusomization on 360 so much, maybe they'll be a bit more apt to give people choices early on.

Lo-Volt

I can't create my own threads yet, and no one got this probably unsurprising story so far. TeamXbox (www.teamxbox.com) reports that: "The Taiwan Economic News reported today that Cheng Uei Precision Industry Co. (Foxlink International, Inc.) and Ji-Haw Industrial Co. will provide connectors for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft." The site also reports that Microsoft may receive said merchandise as early as August.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8669/Foxlink-and-JiHaw-to-Supply-Components-for-Xbox-360/

sangreal

Lo-Volt said:
I can't create my own threads yet, and no one got this probably unsurprising story so far. TeamXbox (www.teamxbox.com) reports that: "The Taiwan Economic News reported today that Cheng Uei Precision Industry Co. (Foxlink International, Inc.) and Ji-Haw Industrial Co. will provide connectors for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft." The site also reports that Microsoft may receive said merchandise as early as August.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8669/Foxlink-and-JiHaw-to-Supply-Components-for-Xbox-360/

Heh, I was going to post that this morning but I didn't think anyone would be interested. I'm surprised TXB picked it up. Anyways, they left out some of the details from the original article which can be found here: http://news.cens.com/php/getnews.php?file=/news/2005/07/07/20050707016.htm&daily=1

Top Bottom