• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is reportedly asking for loaned consoles back from Brazilian websites after they criticized the price increase

This was a few years ago, recorded on Twitter. basically they hired a girl to make posts and content on the xbox's social networks. She "made the mistake" of taking a photo of her boyfriend's PS4 controller and saying that she was playing. Some crazy people started threatening the girl, saying she wasn't a real Xbox fan, there were all kinds of threats and persecution. Microsoft fired her. people started to complain and then they gave her a series x.

Skifi28

Yup ..been aware of this for years. Youtubers are just as corrupt with this and they have just as much sway as some media outlets.

- review copies are essentially "super ultimate collectors editions" ..for FREE

-free CONSOLES
-free AIRFARE and sometimes room and board at "preview events"
I don't know just how many get all of the above treatment but I suspect it's a lot
Dont forget those cyberpunk chairs.

giphy.gif

Puscifer

Good, they can buy their own shit like the rest of us.
I mean even Adam Sessler bitched about not getting consoles a while back when he was still reviewing games, even though literally he had the capital and lives in San Francisco and could throw a rock at places to buy one.

I found out later when I worked in the Bay Area that I ran fiber optics to his AI company when it was just a start up, and I shit you not he was maybe a 10 minute walk from a GameStop and buy a damn PS4.

It was actually common practice at one point in the 90s and early 00s that review sites had an obligation to get their own shit, so I'm sure where that changeover happened, likely when Microsoft was giving celebrities free 360s and Sony was designing PS4 shoes respectively.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
This whole thing about the Series S pricing is weird, I read that only the base Series S is affected, neither the X nor the 1tb S are changing price.

If that's correct, why is just the base model pricing changing?

Edit: price apparently back where it was:

Edit edit: apparently not.

Last edited:
I prefer Spencer 3:16...
"For MS so loved the shills, that tHey gave tHeir only begotten Phil, that whosoever believeth in Him should not receive high quality games, but have everlasting unfulfilled promises."
My favorite is Spencer 25:17

"The path of the monopolist is beset on all sides by the inequities of the regulators, and the tyranny of sovereign governments. Blessed is he who, in the name of capitalism and good profits, shepherds the buyout through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his CEO's keeper and the finder of lost studios. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my acquisitions. And you will know my name is the Spender when I lay my wealth upon you."

Last edited:

demigod

It's mind blowing how even after Phil Spencer's fakeness was exposed and his failings to deliver on promises, you still don't see any Xbox fans getting pissed off and turning on him.

The guy ran a total con job on gamers and Xbox owners. Has allowed franchises like Halo to be literally ruined. Has forced things like Cross Play and free to play on Xbox multiplayer games. Has failed with he's like Redfall, Starfield, and now Forza Motorsport (each in their own way a failure- 2 games without 60 fps;all 3 overhyped for what we got).

And now these buyouts happening which should terrify gamers but still people oblivious to it and some even cheering on consolidation.

Fuck it.
Been this way since Phil took over. They don’t ask the clowns running the show to do better. This is why xbox is in 3rd place. Good guy Phil can do no wrong. You have youtubers praising him left and right instead of calling him out. Xbox series is going to sell even worse than xbone. Keep up the awesome work Phil!!!

Three

This whole thing about the Series S pricing is weird, I read that only the base Series S is affected, neither the X nor the 1tb S are changing price.

Edit: price apparently back where it was:

That article is using idlesloths tweet as the source. Idlesloth made a mistake of looking at the price before the increase. After that it had been confirmed by Xbox brasil that the increase is still happening.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
That article is using idlesloths tweet as the source. Idlesloth made a mistake of looking at the price before the increase. After that it had been confirmed by Xbox brasil that the increase is still happening.

Oh right, it seems like such an odd decision, I assumed it could almost have been a mistake. I still don't understand what they're trying to achieve with the increase, when their other two SKUs (Series X, and Series S 1TB) aren't getting a price hike.

Tams

I prefer Spencer 3:16...
"For MS so loved the shills, that tHey gave tHeir only begotten Phil, that whosoever believeth in Him should not receive high quality games, but have everlasting unfulfilled promises."

Spencer 68:7 is a real eye-opener though:

"Thou shalt procure companies of the games at any cost. Lo thee spurn the evil regulators whom may deign to halt you."

Ansphn

Microsoft/Xbox gives no fucks about Brasil at all after using them to start the avalanche of approvals for the Activision deal.

After deal :

Raise price on all games in Brasil

Raise price of Series S to match up with PS5 Digital in Brasil

Now taking consoles, and controllers back from Brasil influencers

Now we will find out of Brasil influencers will continue to eat Phil Spencer's ass or will they finally grow some balls

Last edited:

VargasPaPuM

Edit: price back where it was:

Price never changed in their website. Just check webarchive

Last edited:

StereoVsn

His check is in the mail! :messenger_smiling_hearts:

My favorite is Spencer 25:17

"The path of the monopolist is beset on all sides by the inequities of the regulators, and the tyranny of sovereign governments. Blessed is he who, in the name of capitalism and good profits, shepherds the buyout through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his CEO's keeper and the finder of lost studios. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my acquisitions. And you will know my name is the Spender when I lay my wealth upon you."
v73oIsl.jpg

It's mind blowing how even after Phil Spencer's fakeness was exposed and his failings to deliver on promises, you still don't see any Xbox fans getting pissed off and turning on him.

The guy ran a total con job on gamers and Xbox owners. Has allowed franchises like Halo to be literally ruined. Has forced things like Cross Play and free to play on Xbox multiplayer games. Has failed with he's like Redfall, Starfield, and now Forza Motorsport (each in their own way a failure- 2 games without 60 fps;all 3 overhyped for what we got).

And now these buyouts happening which should terrify gamers but still people oblivious to it and some even cheering on consolidation.

Fuck it.

Regarding Phil, sorry not sorry that not all of us are obsessed with him and his “fakeness”.

Exposed 😆😆

Regarding those games, Redfall sucks, the other two are great. You have no metric whatsoever to label either one of them a failure.

Aenima

Here she explains the attacks and MS decision to fire her

of course MS said it wasn't the reason

I remember this. So shes saying that she was being harassed by the xbox fanbase saying she dosent deserve the job cuz she dosent play certain games and sending her death threats. And Xbox brazil solution to fix the harasment problem was to fire her. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Kenpachii

U get a free xbox to do free PR for them as payment.
U make negative articles for company that gave u free shit to make positive PR for them.
Company takes free stuff back, and doesn't do business with you anymore.

pikachu-shocked-face-stunned.gif

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
U get a free xbox to do free PR for them as payment.
U make negative articles for company that gave u free shit to make positive PR for them.
Company takes free stuff back, and doesn't do business with you anymore.

pikachu-shocked-face-stunned.gif
U get a free Xbox to get awareness of a new product at a time when it is crucial for it to sell (Launch of the next gen in 2020)*
U make negative articles for company that fxxx your country for no reason with stupid price increase.
Company get mad for no reason*and want their shit back, knowing that it will make the critics even more mad at them.
Someone find that normal ?
GIF by Steve Harvey TV

*Disclaimer just in case: don't know when those consoles have been given, and if the critics insulted or incited to boycott Xbox when the price increase happened.
Jokes aside, mightykeef got one in 2020. I love this guy, but at times he really made fun of the Xbox. If he was not american, I think that he too would have lost his console at this point if Xbox in the USA was as petty as their team in Brazil.

zombrex

The golden rule is reviews need to be impartial. No reviewing company with any morals should accept free games/consoles from any publishers, obvoius conflict of interest no matter what they say.

Last edited:

Aion002

Has there been a major shift in the economy in Brazil or something like that?

What is that, like a 35% percent increase. Yikes for those folks.
Nope.

Also, Sony and Nintendo didn’t change anything on Brazilian prices and availability. Sony in particularly seems to have sent a lot of Spiderman 2 PS5's to Brazil, almost every big store in my city has them on stock for 800 usd, while the Series X is 900 usd and the Series S can be found for around of 450 usd up to 600 usd. Slowly the stores are increasing the Series S price.

Brazilians always liked Playstation and Nintendo more than Xbox. At the beginning of this gen Xbox started getting popular in Brazil thanks to the Series S price and the gamepass... But that didn't affect both Nintendo and Playstation popularity... I guess MS is changing tactics around here or just simply doesn't care anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom