• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox possibly making their own video production studio

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I assume it'll be for all sorts of things, like Major Nelson's weekly updates.

I assume it means they're planning on increasing the amount of things they're putting out, year round rather than installing a studio so they don't have to go to E3.

Even the reddit you quoted says it's not a video production studio lol.

Sounds like another nail being added to E3’s coffin.

Why are you forgetting Xbox had like 5 shows a year for years? Xbox Show, E3, Gamecom, TGS, and another one.

No way Xbox is gong to skip E3 (or Gamescom) and given how many studios they have working on several games they should have enough to announce across all shows in rotation.

In theory.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Pretty patient with Xbox as most people are but what I want to see right now is not stuff like this.

Just show us a snippet or teaser of SOME. FUCKING. GAMES !!!!

God damnit even if its just a fucking logo (Ragnarock style) I'll take it.
I don't think this is an official announcement, it's someone tweeting a little bit of work news. Not even thread worthy really.

I don't think this is an official announcement, it's someone tweeting a little bit of work news. Not even thread worthy really.

That may be but I'm hopeful we get something to get excited for from Xbox early in the new year. I'm dying to play StarField and seeing what else they have in store.

bitbydeath

Why are you forgetting Xbox had like 5 shows a year for years? Xbox Show, E3, Gamecom, TGS, and another one.

No way Xbox is gong to skip E3 (or Gamescom) and given how many studios they have working on several games they should have enough to announce across all shows in rotation.

In theory.
Would they still need to attend those if they’re running their own shows? Seems unlikely these new events will be in addition, IMO.

Would they still need to attend those if they’re running their own shows? Seems unlikely these new events will be in addition, IMO.

The very post you quoted mentioned that's what they used to do lol.

If anything it will be one new event unless they have a packed year, and they will still go to E3 and Gamescom for exposure, and also TGS to keep up "relative" momentum in Japan for the Xbox brand which looks to be passing the Original Xbox by end of the year. if so it will already be the third best selling US consoles in the region in only two years.

bitbydeath

The very post you quoted mentioned that's what they used to do lol.

If anything it will be one new event unless they have a packed year, and they will still go to E3 and Gamescom for exposure, and also TGS to keep up "relative" momentum in Japan for the Xbox brand which looks to be passing the Original Xbox by end of the year. if so it will already be the third best selling US consoles in the region in only two years.
I don’t think they’re setting this up to just add one additional event per year. But each to their own. :messenger_grinning:

God damnit even if its just a fucking logo (Ragnarock style) I'll take it.
They've given us logos for games coming out over a decade - Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Elder Scrolls 6, etc.

If they gave us any more logos, they'd be games for 2030 and beyond.

At this point, I want actual tangible (quality) AAA games. Not super HD logos for games our children's children can play.

Last edited:
They've given you logos for games coming out over a decade - Fable, Perfect Dark, Hellblade 2, Elder Scrolls 6, etc.

If they gave us any more logos, they'd be games for 2030 and beyond.

I'd take anything at the moment. Just give us something to get excited for. If its another round of logos, so be it.

I don’t think they’re setting this up to just add one additional event per year. But each to their own. :messenger_grinning:

It would only real be 3 events (and a cameo showing at TGS) Microsoft is not going to skimp out on exposure for their big games surely.

One event for announcements, one for gameplay, one for a mixture of those and dlc, updates etc for current stuff.

I mean that's how they used to do it basically. Now they have many more studios and games in development than then. Don't seen why they can't have 3 events a year with double the product to promote.

bitbydeath

It would only real be 3 events (and a cameo showing at TGS) Microsoft is not going to skimp out on exposure for their big games surely.

One event for announcements, one for gameplay, one for a mixture of those and dlc, updates etc for current stuff.

I mean that's how they used to do it basically. Now they have many more studios and games in development than then. Don't seen why they can't have 3 events a year with double the product to promote.
I don’t think that exposure means as much as it used too, and it also comes with a hefty attendance bill.

I don’t think that exposure means as much as it used too, and it also comes with a hefty attendance bill.

Exposure had kept the Xbox One stagnant instead of falling in the abyss, and was instrumental for Xbox Series coverage during the lockdown year and 2021.

You aren't really giving a good excuse for why they shouldn't do it other than from what I can detect, apathy for E3. But even Sony ended up with less notable coverage by only doing their own show. The Nintendo thing doesn't work for everyone, the audiences are different.

DaGwaphics

Nice! They have been as polished as their rivals in this area. The big productions are always good, but the smaller things could use a boost.

Just copy Nintendo, for the love of God.

Banger intro
Games games games
3 minutes with lead dev on big game
Games games games
Shadowdrop
Big montage of smaller games
One last thing

Boom, 30-40 minutes, and we're done here.

CLW

The games they'll want to publish maybe ?
May The Fourth Be With You Do It GIF by Star Wars

Top Bottom