• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S Starter Bundle

jorgejjvr

ReBurn

Gold Member
Saw this in some other thread. This thing should be like $279.99 with 3 months of game pass, tops. They really should drop it to $250 and have the black 1 TB model at $300, but with the new digital PS5 increasing to $450 they're probably feeling comfortable at $350.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Why the hell are they even giving this bundle its own name? It's just giving three months of Game Pass Ultimate to the people who purchase a Series S.

Imagine calling the FC24 PS5 bundle the "PS5 Sports Enthusiast Starter Bundle" lol

PlayStation VR Starter Pack​

PS VR Mega Pack​

justin-timberlake-lumberpond.gif

Source:

Perrott

Gold Member

PlayStation VR Starter Pack​

PS VR Mega Pack​

justin-timberlake-lumberpond.gif

Source:
Well, that PSVR bundle is an actual Starter Pack, since it gets you the camera that wasn't included in the basic PSVR package but is required for VR play.

I remember getting a 1 month PS Plus voucher with the purchase of PS4 Pro but that didn't make it a Starter Pack and the same applies to this Series S bundle: you simply don't need any subscription to get started and make use of your game console right away. Just put a sticker on the box that says it comes with 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate, like I bet they've done several times in the past without this absurd branding.

I know we're arguing semantics, but that's what marketing is all about.

SomeGit

Well, that PSVR bundle is an actual Starter Pack, since it gets you the camera that wasn't included in the basic PSVR package but is required for VR play.

I remember getting a 1 month PS Plus voucher with the purchase of PS4 Pro but that didn't make it a Starter Pack and the same applies to this Series S bundle: you simply don't need any subscription to get started and make use of your game console right away. Just put a sticker on the box that says it comes with 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate, like I bet they've done several times in the past without this absurd branding.

It’s just the name of a SKU

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

It's called starter pack because that's exactly what it is: basic package with everything you need to get started. That's it. But geniuses like you of course will be like "iMaGineE iIff SONYHYY would do it". Well, you don't have to imagine.

Elysium44

Banned
The Xbox Series S – Starter Bundle includes an Xbox Series S 512GB console, three-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership, and a wireless controller.

The Xbox Series S on its own normally costs $299.99.

IGN have worded that very deceptively, implying you don't get a wireless controller with the regular Series S.

Last edited:
This will probably drop down to $250 starting Black Friday. For jrpg fans If you buy this at the end of november you will have access to Like a Dragon: Gaiden, Persona 5 Tactica, and P3 Remake. That should give you enough time to beat all 3 games then if you don't like paying monthly just don't extend the subcription.

It should be no more than 250, 299 is way too much, the 3 month game pass should be thrown in to get people hooked. also the 1Tb model should get 3 month game pass thrown in, in fact the series X should have 3 months game pass thrown in too.
I just don't get Microsoft they should be making the Series S the absolute best value in town get the price down as low as you can and get people subscribing to game pass. I love the S but people are going to be tempted to get a digital PS5 if you keep allowing the price to creep up for the S.

It is dumb given there were bundles with two controllers and a game at 299 USD about 6 months ago. I bought a Series S at $250 and another controller for $40. The first month of Gamepass Ultimate cost me a dollar. The Xbox Gamepass for the next month only $10. Inflation is a bitch.

Last edited:

Three

So wait, is this a 2nd controller?
No, I don't think so. For some reason they're listing the controller that usually comes with a console separately.
I guess to make the price which isn't good seem like it includes something.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
You know damn well that now that the AB acquisition is closed, Call of Duty is going to be plastered all fucking over these types of bundles.

Tsaki

Pretty whatever bundle. Just wait for Black Friday and get one for $200.
Nice game of "find the pairs" in the background though

Top Bottom