• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Black Friday starts on November 17

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It’s not a backlog, it’s a library!
y5l5oTj.gif

coffinbirth

Gollum down to 30. Im waiting for 4.99 then Im all over it.

Afterimage $15. Has been getting some good buzz but I dont know for sure.

Vampyr 7.99.

Redfall $17.49 lol. Not bad. @MagiusNecros

Psychonauts 2 $15
Got Gollum physically from GameFly for $9 yesterday. Technically I got it for $4 because I burned a coupon on it. So there IS a way for you too to own a piece of hot garbage on the cheap, haha.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
uh where ?

--

Additionally, the amazing 2017 Prey is $2.99.

FPS Boosted at 1440p/60 FPS on Series consoles.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

--

Additionally, the amazing 2017 Prey is $2.99.

FPS Boosted at 1440p/60 FPS on Series consoles.

Thanks. bought it. for some reason it was saying playable on PC. but I guess xbox only ?

no matter. its good to have in the library at that price anyway

adamsapple

Thanks. bought it. for some reason it was saying playable on PC. but I guess xbox only ?

no matter. its good to have in the library at that price anyway

Only says playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X for me, weird.

Zuzu

Darn it. Just bought Fear 2 second hand on ebay and now it’s on sale for $5 (my ebay copy cost $12.50 😭)

Oh well…

adamsapple

True Achievements have put up their curated list by platform and alphabet, much easier to navigate.

Total of 1200 items including games and DLC.

A very decent number of X360 games on there as well.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm considering going nuts with Mega Man and getting this 30th anniversary bundle. Has like a million MM games.

1-11. MMX1-I don't know. And then some other bundle. All the PS1 MM games. I think it's like $2 a game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't know if you have the Castlevania/Contra/Castlevania Advance collections ? These are M2 collections, basically feature perfect and highly recommended.
Yep, I'm all over those already. They're pretty much the gold standard. Scanned instruction booklets for each region, game version for each region, even interviews and development sketches scanned in.

Only thing that surpasses is something like Making of Karateka.

adamsapple

Is FEAR 3 worth it? It's never gone on sale and I worry about it leaving. Been on my list for months.

Hmm. Only if you are really interested in seeing how the story concludes after FEAR 2's fucked up ending.

It's a poor game in itself, but it does give closure to the characters and Alma.

It also has FPS Boost, so 60 FPS goodness.

* All 3 FEAR games are FPS boost compatible and FEAR 2 is a legitimately fantastic game. (FEAR1 is physical only IIRC)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Hmm. Only if you are really interested in seeing how the story concludes after FEAR 2's fucked up ending.

It's a poor game in itself, but it does give closure to the characters and Alma.

Yeah, I guess I can skip if it's $20 then. If they never put it on sale I don't need it.

Trepang2 is almost that cheap now, that's on sale. That's one I'm really considering picking up today.

xrnzaaas

Last one I'm debating is Dredge.

I hear its some GOTY hot shit? $18. Anyone played it?
Dredge is awesome. It's a great fishing / exploration game with lite Cthulhu-like themes about mysterious creatures from the deep and fishermen going insane (you learn that mostly from notes & conversations). It's mostly a relaxing title after you learn the basics (it's not a super complex game) and I always wanted to keep playing to discover new locations and add new fish to my collection. The game also doesn't rush you, you can play at your own pace. Definitely among my top indie releases from this year.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Dredge is awesome. It's a great fishing / exploration game with lite Cthulhu-like themes about mysterious creatures from the deep and fishermen going insane (you learn that mostly from notes & conversations). It's mostly a relaxing title after you learn the basics (it's not a super complex game) and I always wanted to keep playing to discover new locations and add new fish to my collection. The game also doesn't rush you, you can play at your own pace. Definitely among my top indie releases from this year.
I'm pretty well sold 10 min in. Looks like fun for sure. Just chill and really sucks you in.

RedC

* All 3 FEAR games are FPS boost compatible and FEAR 2 is a legitimately fantastic game. (FEAR1 is physical only IIRC)
200.gif

Only Fear 1 and 3 are FPS Boosted to 60fps.

Fear 2 has an unlocked framerate that allows it to reach 60fps through Backwards Compatibility.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Thank you sir for justifying my unwarranted purchases.

You're in a safe space for that :messenger_grinning_sweat:

--

My "haul" this year is very light.

Just KoToR 1 (Xbox BC) and the RE Revelations bundle

And going to purchase Horizon Burning Shores on PS5.

That about rounds my black friday.

adamsapple

I'll probably jump on the Control Ultimate Edition as well, $10 is not a bad price for it.

Heck yeah, amazing game and $10 for the full game and both story expansions is a steal.

200.gif

Only Fear 1 and 3 are FPS Boosted to 60fps.

Fear 2 has an unlocked framerate that allows it to reach 60fps through Backwards Compatibility.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Last edited:

BigLee74

Never anything new I want in these sales anymore. Genuinely think I have reached the point where I have everything I really want bar some newer games (1-2 years) for which I’m waiting on better discounts.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Never anything new I want in these sales anymore. Genuinely think I have reached the point where I have everything I really want bar some newer games (1-2 years) for which I’m waiting on better discounts.

True, with game pass it also makes little to no sense for first party games since you already have them.

My BF hauls have been getting smaller over the years.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You're in a safe space for that :messenger_grinning_sweat:

--

My "haul" this year is very light.

Just KoToR 1 (Xbox BC) and the RE Revelations bundle

And going to purchase Horizon Burning Shores on PS5.

That about rounds my black friday.
I got:

Mega Man 30th Anniversary Collection
AC Unity
Trepang2
Dredge
Duke Nukem 20th Anniversary
RE Triple Pack
RE Revelations Pack

Last edited:

adamsapple

If anyone sees a good price on Arkham Origins (360 version) here, bump it up. Looking for that now too.

Vyse

Gold Member
Picked up Assassin’s Creed Mirage and Re4 remake. Should be delivered tomorrow. Will toss them in my backlog pile. Have to finish AW2, Spider-Man 2 and Super Mario RPG. Also thinking of picking up Dredge.

Last edited:

Antwix

Same here. I bought basically everything I wanted over the last few years (shoutout to MS rewards points). The only things I have on my wishlist now is :

-RE3/4 (never really got into the series. got RE2 and still have to play it. will wait and see if I'm left wanting to get more into the series)
-Armored Core 6 (love FROM souls games but never loved mech games. will wait for cheaper price)
-Lies of P (finished on game pass and loved it. will pick up when cheaper)
-Starfield (same as above)

I do want the DLCs from Lies of P, Starfield, and Elden Ring when they come out but as for actual (AAA) games.... there's nothing really on my radar that I'm excited to get except the new GTA and Mass Effect. But those are pretty far off. At least I have a big backlo.... ermm.. library.

Zuzu

So far I’ve got Dark Souls Remastered, Dragon Age Inquisition & Bayonetta/Vanquish pack. I’m impressed with how good Dark Souls Remastered looks 👍

splattered

Sure I could find tons of games in the sale to buy but man the older I get the bigger my backlog gets....can't bring myself to keep buying games I may never play haha

Top Bottom