• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X|S Outsells the Wii U in Under 18 Months - Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
xbox-series-xs-outsells-the-wii-u-741907_expanded.jpg

Microsoft's latest video game console generation, the Xbox Series X|S, has outsold the lifetime sales of the Nintendo Wii U after less than a year and a half on the market, according to VGChartz estimates.

The Xbox Series X|S has sold 13.66 million units worldwide through March 26, 2022, while the Wii U sold 13.56 million units lifetime.

Breaking down sales, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 6.63 million units in the US through March 26, while the Wii U sold 5.70 million units lifetime. In Europe, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 4.10 million units, which is ahead of the Wii U's 3.24 million units sold in the region.

xbox-series-x-s-logo-2.png

In Japan, the Xbox Series X|S has sold only 0.17 million units, compared to 3.33 million units the Wii U sold. It is unlikely the Xbox Series X|S will outsell the Wii U in Japan, as the best-selling Xbox in Japan, the Xbox 360, sold 1.66 million units in the country.

Breaking down Europe sales, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 1.30 million units in the UK through March 26, while the Wii U sold 0.69 million units. In Germany, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 0.87 million units and the Wii U sold 0.75 million units. In France, the Xbox Series X|S has sold 0.40 million units and the Wii U sold 0.85 million units.

Kilau

Gold Member
Chartz but probably true. Poor Wii U destined to be the low hurdle for early gen sales.

Robb

Gold Member
Wouldn’t trust VGChartz..

True or not though, I’m not sure if that should be considered good. I feel like it should’ve passed it even earlier for some reason.

Pallas

Honestly if you said your “relative or friend” works for such and such told you this, it would still be more believable than Vg.

Also I think it’s really a fairly fair assumption that Series X/S surpassed Wii U, no one needs Vg to tell them the obvious.

TLZ

Banned
😂

Man some of you.

Excuse my dry humor.

I'm joking because I find this comparison ridiculous. Even though I love the Wii U, that's not a console anyone should use for sales comparison.

Kagey K

Banned
Lots of hate for vgchartz these days. I recall quite a few of the people here praising it for years when it reinforced things they wanted to hear.
Judy a few months ago it was referenced regularly.

But it was banned here for years, because they got it all wrong.

Last edited:

Rykan

Great console. Lots of gems on there. People like to shit on it, those people must not like gaming.
Yea, No.

It wasn't a great console and there is some major history revisionism going on when it comes to the Wiiu. It was an Xbox 360 with a 480p tablet controller that was supposed to compete with a PS4 and Xbox One.

The system has about 10 good games which is why every "Wiiu best games list" looks exactly the same. People tend to forget that those titles were spread out over a period of 5 years. The console had enormous droughts of new releases. The best praise one could give the Wiiu is that it served as inspiration for the Switch and that most of its good games live on with a new platform.

Last edited:

MScarpa

Yea, No.

It wasn't a great console and there is some major history revisionism going on when it comes to the Wiiu. It was an Xbox 360 with a 480p tablet controller that was supposed to compete with a PS4 and Xbox One.

The system has about 10 good games which is why every "Wiiu best games list" looks exactly the same. People tend to forget that those titles were spread out over a period of 5 years. The console had enormous droughts of new releases. The best praise one could give the Wiiu is that it served as inspiration for the Switch and that most of its good games live on with a new platform.
So you're saying I shouldn't enjoy playing the games on it? Shit I should just throw it in the garages right now.

From this extimation, the sales of XSeries continue to be pretty much allineated with that of XBOne in the same time period. Not really that impressive feat.

Leyasu

Banned
Wait so NOW console sales matter? Hard to keep up...I thought it was all about services ?

BTW the Vita sold a little bit more than the Wii U...
So it is "News" that the 2 versions of xbox Series outsold what is considered the 2 flops of the industry ( wii u and vita ) Okay...
Are you even capable of commenting without adding your pathetic fanboy slant to it? Every where I scroll down and see that stupid fucking avatar of yours, I just know that the comment coming up is going to be nonsense.

Enforce the VG ban ffs. Also, start banning people that create threads with their bullshit

Zeroing

Banned
Are you even capable of commenting without adding your pathetic fanboy slant to it? Every where I scroll down and see that stupid fucking avatar of yours, I just know that the comment coming up is going to be nonsense.

Enforce the VG ban ffs. Also, start banning people that create threads with their bullshit
You know you’re projecting! If you can’t take a joke because it triggers your fanboyism too bad.

My stupid avatar is my face, don’t wanna deal with it, put me on ignore, like many people have done to you! Me included! That’s why you’re still around! If people didn’t had you on ignore you would had be banned long time ago.

Yes keep asking the mods to ban everyone because clearly you think you are better then the rest of us.

There I made it personal. Shouldn’t come down to your level but ignoring you somehow made you believe the rules do not apply to you!

So now you know, don’t bother replying to my posts and I’m not going to apologize for my “stupid avatar” or for being on threads!

Helghan

Obviously lol vgcharts, but it could definitely be that they have outsold the Wii U already. They were at 12mil in the beginning of January (ZhugeEx estimation), so 3 months later could definitely be +1mil consoles.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Obviously lol vgcharts, but it could definitely be that they have outsold the Wii U already. They were at 12mil in the beginning of January (ZhugeEx estimation), so 3 months later could definitely be +1mil consoles.

Yes, outselling WiiU isn't a matter of if (or if already) but when.

RIP WiiU. We hardly knew you.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

In before people complaining about vgchartz beofre it gets confirmed and people ignore they have been right for the last 2 years+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom